Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: HOw much do you think the new Hulk Maquette will cost???
$499? 59 34.30%
$599? 31 18.02%
$699? 26 15.12%
$799? 20 11.63%
$899? 19 11.05%
$1200? 12 6.98%
$1500? 8 4.65%
$1800? 6 3.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #71
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gates70 View Post
Even better, lets not make threads like this to make it easier on SS to see all the people quoting $900. I forgot I was talking to the guy that's spending $2000 on a 1/4 Pred....my bad

It's 1:3 scale and I buy them because I'm passionate about my hobby.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #72
endless1
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Anything more than $499 would be ridiculous. I Might as well buy an early HULK by Bowen from Evil BAY.
HULK SMASH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecthelion View Post
I'm hoping $499, but that's more wishful thinking. After seeing the movie I really want it though.

Puny God.
endless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #73
World Warrior
Death is hereditary.

$499 would be preferred. The great thing is you will have options. While I prefer to have Statues in my definitive collection. Some items in my collection that are definitive are not statues. HT is making hulk in 1/6 scale at 16-20" and 1/4 at an unknown height at this time. Provided SS doesn't scalp the S**T out of us when the 1/6 HT Hulk comes out it should be $350 or less. I would say less because if they think that people are going to pay $500 or more for a 1/4 Plastic figure they are smoking more then a bowl. The point is that while the pose on the Maquette is lackluster, you can always choose to go with the 1/4 Hulk from HT.
World Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #74
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
Why do you guys do this to yourselves with the price speculating? Sideshow will charge what they will charge. It doesn't help that many of you guys are throwing out $700, $800, or even over $1000. Like someone said, Sideshow is probably monitoring these types of threads and pricing their pieces accordingly. Even if you would drop $1000 on this statue, don't show your hand. There's no need to show Sideshow your cards. If I was Sideshow and seeing that you guys are throwing these numbers around, I'd definitely charge you for what you ask for.
In looking at the sneaked pics, there's nothing complicated about the sculpt or the paint job. It's a nice piece overall, except the chest is a little undersized. I know it's the Hulk, but the price that's being thrown around is ridiculous.

the thread should of been what are you wanting to pay for this hulk
coolandwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #75
docmario
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Looking back just a few months ago, colossus PF is about 499. I have a feeling this maquette hulk is going to scream 599.. I ll be damned if they gonna pull any price above that
docmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #76
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmario View Post
Looking back just a few months ago, colossus PF is about 499. I have a feeling this maquette hulk is going to scream 599.. I ll be damned if they gonna pull any price above that
Colossus PF is $399....24 inches high and weighs 10 lbs

Anything more than $599 for this Hulk will be an EASY pass for me
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #77
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalblade View Post
Why do you guys do this to yourselves with the price speculating? Sideshow will charge what they will charge. It doesn't help that many of you guys are throwing out $700, $800, or even over $1000. Like someone said, Sideshow is probably monitoring these types of threads and pricing their pieces accordingly. Even if you would drop $1000 on this statue, don't show your hand. There's no need to show Sideshow your cards. If I was Sideshow and seeing that you guys are throwing these numbers around, I'd definitely charge you for what you ask for.
In looking at the sneaked pics, there's nothing complicated about the sculpt or the paint job. It's a nice piece overall, except the chest is a little undersized. I know it's the Hulk, but the price that's being thrown around is ridiculous.
Immotalblade!

We are doing this for fun, man.....I don't believe for a second that Sideshow goes "We were going to sell this for $399 but most people said they will pay $699 so that's the price we'll charge..."

Seriously? They know how much this will cost before producing it.... And think that Sideshow will do something like that is really portraying them as a bad company, which i don't believe they are....

It is what it is......just having some fun.....
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #78
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Can't believe this post is on here. SS really getting some ideas. I hope this isn't gonna be overprice.

Blame us forum fans for hinting to pay 8-900 bucks: nuts:
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #79
GUILTY GEAR
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

i will agree $500 and no more
GUILTY GEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #80
spider1135
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The green hulk pf was $329 and The gray hulk pf was only $429.
So this on should be around $399 for the regular the most, and the Exclusive $499 top.
spider1135 is offline   Reply With Quote