Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-26-2021, 12:26 AM   #241
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
finally finished watching this, i have limited time on weekdays so had to split it up

coming from someone who overall enjoys snyders work (loved MOS, really enjoyed BVS ultimate ed., even liked suckerpunch) - id give it a 7.5/10 (for comparison id give the first version a 2/10)

obviously this was much improved but something that would never change and im not sure if any director could do any better was the sense of absolute carelessness and urgency to throw together a franchise team movie as fast as possible. aside from that my other issues were kind of nitpicky

- still dont like the JL batman suit or how affleck looks / moves in it. always felt like a downgrade from the bvs suit which was still bulky but he seemed to be able to move better in it and turn his head more

- ezra miller needs to go. i dont understand how you cast someone who runs like that as the flash and not sure whos to blame but the way he plays barry as some aloof super akward nerd really bugs me. so strange of all the current dceu cast he is the only one confirmed to return for the next round of movies

- nightmare seen was a little strange, i was really looking forward to seeing how this fit into the movie and just having it tacked onto the end made it feel like a total afterthought / fan service

- martian manhunter seemed really unnecessary and looked terrible (cgi and design)

- it was never explained why superman chose a black suit. i mean I KNOW why it was black in the comics but i dont know if it was the same reason here, or if he felt like it would absorb sunlight more being black, or he just felt like a change. without some kind of explanation just seemed like more fanservice that leaves non-comicbook readers in the dark unless i missed something

- im all for an artists vision being seen but lets be honest here, theres a lot that could have been left on the cutting room floor. the singing chicks after aquaman takes off immediately springs to mind

I thought Ezra Miller was pretty hilarious in this version.

But I totally agree with you about the running. He looks absolutely horrible when running as the Flash. He looks like freaking Woody from Toy Story.

The Fastest Man Alive doesn't look like a rag doll when he runs. It's down right offensive to portray the Flash like that. I did however appreciate that the Flash actually had something to do in this version. All of the characters were handled much, much better in this version than the previous one except for Flash's ridiculous, floppy running.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:03 PM   #242
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

He looks like he is doing a mix of swimming and ice skating
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:13 PM   #243
adee
Green Arrow

Very competitive ice dancing.

Watching how he runs out of the pet store knowing it’s in super speed is pretty funny. He breaks out of his shoes to run like that?

I watched the gray, I didn’t make it though all of it but I did think it added a certain element to the experience.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 01:16 AM   #244
azurepred
Zot

Quote:

- ezra miller needs to go. i dont understand how you cast someone who runs like that as the flash and not sure whos to blame but the way he plays barry as some aloof super akward nerd really bugs me. so strange of all the current dceu cast he is the only one confirmed to return for the next round of movies

- it was never explained why superman chose a black suit. i mean I KNOW why it was black in the comics but i dont know if it was the same reason here, or if he felt like it would absorb sunlight more being black, or he just felt like a change. without some kind of explanation just seemed like more fanservice that leaves non-comicbook readers in the dark unless i missed something
I never liked Miller or the Flash costume from the get go, but I'm glad they used him in this cut, opposed to just pushing people in the theatrical version. If I had to choose, I'd go with the TV show Flash (at his current age) to play this role. I think that would've been cool to see a TV show character make that kind of crossover leap.

As for the black suit, I think they briefly answered that question when he flew in front of the sun to get that absorption before going to join the fight. My only nitpick with the suit was that at the end, it should've been blue/red when he tore open his shirt.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:40 AM   #245
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I never liked Miller or the Flash costume from the get go, but I'm glad they used him in this cut, opposed to just pushing people in the theatrical version. If I had to choose, I'd go with the TV show Flash (at his current age) to play this role. I think that would've been cool to see a TV show character make that kind of crossover leap.

As for the black suit, I think they briefly answered that question when he flew in front of the sun to get that absorption before going to join the fight. My only nitpick with the suit was that at the end, it should've been blue/red when he tore open his shirt.
Agree with all of this.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 05:30 AM   #246
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I just read that the video format is in full screen and not widescreen? Im not a fan of that at all. Probably the worst decision by Snyder ever.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:25 PM   #247
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I just read that the video format is in full screen and not widescreen? Im not a fan of that at all. Probably the worst decision by Snyder ever.
It was shot for IMAX screens... it looks really bad on my computer screen but on my 85" it didn't look to bad... you actually get used to it fairly quick when watching it...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:06 PM   #248
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:

I agree and didn't like the use of the black suit in the movie. It was clearly just fan service. And the whole recovery suit notion doesn't fit in here. Clark was already plenty strong after coming back. He EASILY beat down the rest of the league within 5 minutes of returning. I'd even point out that Snyder himself gave reason NOT to wear the suit within the story line.

When Clark is walking down the hall looking at all the suits you hear his fathers speaking. In particular you hear Jonathan's bit about "standing proud in front of the human race or not". To me, the red/blue suit represents "standing proud" and the black the "or not".
I believe Zack even says something like this in an interview from way back.

He could have simply shown the black suit in the ship to satisfy the fan service and then have Clark still choose the blue. But if you want to take it further, I think he should have had the black suit on in all the nightmare sequences (even the one in BvS), symbolizing that he had turned his back on humanity. This would have also tied in nicely with the Zod dream in MoS when Clark was swallowed up by human skulls while wearing a similar black suit.

As for Flash, yeah, Miller and the way he runs are pretty painful to watch.

Those are my only two big gripes. Overall I really enjoyed the movie and it's a huge improvement over the theatrical version.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 02:15 PM   #249
gearhead
The Herculoids

Oh, and I really disliked the 4:3 also, but that's not a plot point.

I get it was framed for Imax to have more info top and bottom, but come on, that looks like crap on a tv. That argument doesn't even hold up for me because 90% or more who saw this in a theater if it would have been released wouldn't have seen it in Imax. So if he wanted more info top and bottom he should have framed it that way but shot it wider so that he could trim the sides for Imax but still fit a regular movie screen also. Hope that made sense.

Poor decision.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:24 PM   #250
Augen
Metal Men

I know I'm a little behind, but finally got chance to see it.

Simple verdict is, while not perfect, it is a vast improvement in every single way possible over the theatrical cut.

This is the only version of Justice League film I'll watch and much rather see it again (all 4 hours of it) than ever see theatrical 2 hour version.

Also, can I get an Amazons movie? They are so freaking bad ass and given more time to breath. Really felt the impact when Diana hits at the bank as well.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote