Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 04-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #171
Darth Marc
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
Here are the dimensions of the box offered by Bryan @ eFX: size: 32" X 24" X 18" and 30 lbs. The cost of shipping: $600 plus VAT and customs and I could buy a second Vader helmet. I wish Vlad Tepes to be here and take care of some of these greedy fellas...
Nooo Cant be! I am in the UK and for my McQ Vader which is exactly the same size box, Efx charged me
$ 268-00 FedEx International Economy which still sucks of course especially when you add another
$ 230-00 for UK import tax and its now gone up another 2.5%

But my McQ Vader is still worth every penny, sorry $ he is the dogs bollocks!
Darth Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #172
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Marc View Post
I received the Efx newsletter yesterday and cant wait for the 20th, I will have to do battle with my red headed nemesis (girlfriend) but I will prevail, I hope! Which to choose though?

But has anyone noticed in the banner of the newsletter mail, do my eyes deceive me? Is that a McQ STORMTROOPER I have the McQ Vader and its utterly fabulous. If this is coming too OMG she will kill me for sure!
Yes it is:

Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:22 PM   #173
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Looks great but not a big fan of these stylised versions.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #174
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I get the sense it's right. If I wanted to ship the Silver Surfer museum from Montreal, Canada to Denmark, it would cost nearly $300 using FedEx priority. It's a much smaller box, half the weight, and would ship thousands of fewer miles too. Shipping in this manner is crazy money. There must be a reason why EFX won't ship internationally via USPS.

BTW, not only does Sideshow get a better deal with FedEx, (believe it or not) Sideshow also pays for part of the shipping out of its own pocket. I asked a rep about this. We can't compare SS shipping rates with anyone else's.
No doubt your right but no way should anyone pay that shipping. You would be better to try and source elsewhere. It would be cheaper to fly over and pick it up personally.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #175
Darth Marc
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianco View Post
Yes it is:

OMG Speechless!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome, I NEED this to go with my McQ Vader

I dont care if this is going to be the death of me, this is SO worth it.
Darth Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #176
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Looks great but not a big fan of these stylised versions.

Totally agree. Nice to look at, sure, however, if I'm gonna fork over a pile of hard cold cash,
I want the real enchilada, not the local bulk cruisers. I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:35 AM   #177
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakin1138 View Post
Oh my this is no good news!!! I do hope we can choose another method of shipment!
Unfortunately this is what I got, at least for my country. And Bryan said on a PM to me that the Vader box is too big to be shipped by USPS Express Mail, which is as fast and reliable as FedEx (also comes with built-in insurance and tracking number), but much cheaper.

Still don't understand how is it possible only to ship by FedEx when BBTS is able to ship the huge Sideshow 1:1 Vader and Fett busts by USPS Express Mail. And they also had the MR AT-AT SE about a year and a half and shipping for that was a bit over $400 - a friend of mine was looking for it.

http://fedex.com/ratetools/RateToolsMain.do

Eastern European countries there are classed as M and shipping is still over $500. Wish Vlad Tepes to be here and take care of these greedy FedEx fellas.

Anyway the $500 (or $670!) FedEx shipping + the customs charges (which include taxing this shipping as well , plus the value of the item) + 24% VAT = I could easily get another Vader helmet only from the money I throw away on shipping and taxes - before my country entered EU in 2007m we didn't have these huge taxing issues, I so "love" being in EU...

I do have the money to get the helmet, and even extra to cover these taxes (thus getting the second helmet LOL), because the book I'm co-author on was published, and money started to come, but it is not worth paying close to $2000 for this helmet. For any helmet, in that matter, excepting an original ILM one.

Thus, if the shipping cannot be solved in a reasonable way, because FedEx quote is simply outrageous and insulting, then I'll pass on the LG. I was not going for the idea that this is only 250 edition, never really cared about edition sizes or # numbers, but at least might get the LE from Toy Palace and still have enough money to get other cool replicas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I get the sense it's right. If I wanted to ship the Silver Surfer museum from Montreal, Canada to Denmark, it would cost nearly $300 using FedEx priority. It's a much smaller box, half the weight, and would ship thousands of fewer miles too. Shipping in this manner is crazy money. There must be a reason why EFX won't ship internationally via USPS.

BTW, not only does Sideshow get a better deal with FedEx, (believe it or not) Sideshow also pays for part of the shipping out of its own pocket. I asked a rep about this. We can't compare SS shipping rates with anyone else's.
Thanks for the insight! Really interesting stuff regarding SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
No doubt your right but no way should anyone pay that shipping. You would be better to try and source elsewhere. It would be cheaper to fly over and pick it up personally.
Indeed... The plane ticket is not too much expensive LOL
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:24 AM   #178
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Just seen this on RPF:

jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #179
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

OMG! I'd just give up collecting if Those were my shipping quotes.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #180
bzie
U talkin' to me?

Maybe I missed it ... but is there any mention what kind of base or holder is provided with the helmets?

Or do we need to get one ourselves?
bzie is offline   Reply With Quote