Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #1
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Comic Shops in DC/MD/VA that....

sell statues? Thanks to Drew, I've have one store, but thats it. There has GOT to be more than that around here, between three states (well, 2 states and a district LOL). Help if you can, thanks.

VM
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
protector2814
Phoenix

Barbarian Books in Wheaton is my lcs. They have a pretty good (for around here) collection of statues for sale. BD's Rampaging Hulk's still there as are a bunch of older statues and life-sized busts (Wolverine & Thor).
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Barbarian Books in Wheaton is my lcs. They have a pretty good (for around here) collection of statues for sale. BD's Rampaging Hulk's still there as are a bunch of older statues and life-sized busts (Wolverine & Thor).
Youre the man brother. Thanks for the tip. I'll be checking them out.

Which Hulk is the Rampaging Hulk? You talking about the museum green?
Old 05-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #4
Makkari1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
sell statues? Thanks to Drew, I've have one store, but thats it. There has GOT to be more than that around here, between three states (well, 2 states and a district LOL). Help if you can, thanks.

VM
Atomic Comics in Columbia sells statue as well as the store in Rockville on route 355.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
cblakey1
Cyclops

Laughing Ogre in Lansdowne (Leesburg), VA, Laughing Ogre in University Mall Fairfax, VA. They were formerly called Phoenix until they bought Laughing Ogre in OH.

I go to Lansdowne every week. PM me what you're looking for and I'll see if they got it.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
Youre the man brother. Thanks for the tip. I'll be checking them out.

Which Hulk is the Rampaging Hulk? You talking about the museum green?
No - The one where he's raising both fists to smash something. My only complaint w/ Barbarian is that they display statues kinda everywhere, just out in the open. The older ones seem kinda dusty.

In the same shopping plaze, there's an antiquated toy store which specializes in mostly used toys, models, trains, figures etc...from the 40's - 90's. I've found some great models there. He's kinda expensive but you can "negotiate". When are you planning on being here?

Vaultman, I gota ask - Why's "DC on your mind" did you grow up here? Live here? I'm a 3rd generation DCer (moved to a MD. suberb 10 years ago when I became a family man).
Old 05-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
No - The one where he's raising both fists to smash something. My only complaint w/ Barbarian is that they display statues kinda everywhere, just out in the open. The older ones seem kinda dusty.

In the same shopping plaze, there's an antiquated toy store which specializes in mostly used toys, models, trains, figures etc...from the 40's - 90's. I've found some great models there. He's kinda expensive but you can "negotiate". When are you planning on being here?

Vaultman, I gota ask - Why's "DC on your mind" did you grow up here? Live here? I'm a 3rd generation DCer (moved to a MD. suberb 10 years ago when I became a family man).
I took a job in DC back in June 2010, and the family and I live in Rockville!

When I saw the info under your screenname and saw "silver spring" I was like, hey I know where that is!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
protector2814
Phoenix

That's great! Hope you and your family are happy here. One day, I'm gonna try & get the locals over here or somewhere for a meet & greet.

Viers Mill Rd. will practically take you to Barbarian Books. It's in the middle of a center called Weaton Triangle. Not far from Rockville at all.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #9
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
That's great! Hope you and your family are happy here. One day, I'm gonna try & get the locals over here or somewhere for a meet & greet.

Viers Mill Rd. will practically take you to Barbarian Books. It's in the middle of a center called Weaton Triangle. Not far from Rockville at all.
Thanks bro, definitely gonna check 'em out
Old 06-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Thanks bro! I went to Barbarian. They had some interesting stuff there, damn they had a lot of old books.

Went across the way to that toy store and found a Batmobile motherlode!!! Thanks bro! I got some good stuff there and gonna go back for more! Lol