Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-03-2015, 12:40 PM   #1011
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Congrats Fremen! I am looking forward to your video review of Anubis. It will help to tide me over until mine arrives next month.
I will do one. To bad it will have to be in my basement. It's dark down there. I know this will be too heavy to do upstairs and then carry down.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #1012
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
I will do one. To bad it will have to be in my basement. It's dark down there. I know this will be too heavy to do upstairs and then carry down.
Indeed, it probably is best to do the video review where you will be displaying Anubis in your collection. I have seen a few of your reviews that were done in your basement and there seemed to be enough light. Certainly not as much light that is in your kitchen but I could make out enough of the detail on the pieces you were reviewing that it wasn't really a problem.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #1013
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Awesome pics, MK! Anubis looks great in your collection.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:16 AM   #1014
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
That looks so beautiful in your room. God, I can't wait to get this.

Will work well cause I start holidays on the 15th so I will be home to accept delivery.

I want that bent over Alien statue you have.
It's not an Alien it's the female creature from Species. It looks really similar because Giger designed it but has nothing to do with Alien(s). However it is a very well done statue (old ss :P) and used translucent resin to great effect. REALLY old SS and a small ES (iirc) too boot so prob not easy to find these days. It was pretty cheap a couple years ago though :P

edit: looking at the picture again probably wrong statue I'm talking bout, v0v!
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:14 AM   #1015
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
""Had to cancel two Sideshow statues to do it.""

NICE!
lol!!
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:37 AM   #1016
[REDACTED]
Frackin!

Quote:
The bolt together parts (the three largest body pieces plus the shoulders) can be carried if you put the pole in and grip it where the pole enters the body but be aware it might spin on the pole and shift weight.

Just don't put on the head, ears, tassles on etc. until you position it...in case they fall off while carrying.

I took photos of the bolt assembly sequence and will upload them here in the next day or two.
[REDACTED] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:29 AM   #1017
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [REDACTED] View Post
The bolt together parts (the three largest body pieces plus the shoulders) can be carried if you put the pole in and grip it where the pole enters the body but be aware it might spin on the pole and shift weight.

Just don't put on the head, ears, tassles on etc. until you position it...in case they fall off while carrying.

I took photos of the bolt assembly sequence and will upload them here in the next day or two.
Oh god, you have to bolt things together? I can barely even sticky tape things together. Is it easy to disassemble? My whole collection is in storage, so I only assemble things to check them over and then box them back up for storage.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #1018
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Yay for bolt assembly photos!
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #1019
ccgear
Doh!

We took our time putting it together. Certainly not something you'd want to rush. The bolts can be a little tight to fit them all together.

I can't seem to get the eyes to light though. I've got a message in to CC but I'm not really worried about it. I'm sure they'll be able to help me figure it out/fix it.

Looks awesome. It matches really well beside the actual segments of the Stargate and Jaffa staff weapon we have.
ccgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 01:16 PM   #1020
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by [REDACTED] View Post

Thank you for doing the assembly pics. Much appreciated. Paul mentioned that he would be doing an assembly video but he has probably been too busy to get to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgear View Post
We took our time putting it together. Certainly not something you'd want to rush. The bolts can be a little tight to fit them all together.

I can't seem to get the eyes to light though. I've got a message in to CC but I'm not really worried about it. I'm sure they'll be able to help me figure it out/fix it.

Looks awesome. It matches really well beside the actual segments of the Stargate and Jaffa staff weapon we have.
Congrats ccgear!

No doubt Paul will get you sorted on the eyes.