Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #111
qz33
Doctor Doom

Like I said before purple is a notorious dye.
Happy for all it works out for though.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #112
OhHaiMark
Justice League

New cape is perfect. Hopefully it stays that way.
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:04 PM   #113
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
New cape is perfect. Hopefully it stays that way.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:15 PM   #114
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Got mine a day early. Looks better than the first one but it is far from perfect. Bottom right side of the cape has 4 purple dye dots on the white trim. 1 on the outer trim and 3 on the inner part. Very small ones but they are there. It's in the spot where the cape was folded over in the packaging.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #115
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Got mine a day early. Looks better than the first one but it is far from perfect. Bottom right side of the cape has 4 purple dye dots on the white trim. 1 on the outer trim and 3 on the inner part. Very small ones but they are there. It's in the spot where the cape was folded over in the packaging.
Mine is similar. Much better than the original, but I have two tiny dots. They aren't that noticeable unless you look really close. One corner of the stitching looks like it was done by a 5 year old, but luckily that bad section is only about 1/4 of an inch.

Overall, I'm good. I can actually display her now with the cape. Although, this experience has truly reminded me why I despise fabric and I might be MUCH more hesitant about ordering pieces with fabric in the future.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:45 PM   #116
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Although, this experience has truly reminded me why I despise fabric and I might be MUCH more hesitant about ordering pieces with fabric in the future.
Same here.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 08:16 PM   #117
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Lol...came home after a vacation and saw a package from SSC and thought...wtf is this package? Opened it and was the replacement cape i just totally forgot about.

Thanks SSC for the replacement. Now i have another extra part i can toss in my "loose parts bin" for future custom projects. yes my original cape has the bad purple bleed...but didnt stress out about it as i thought it was just another one of those fixes i had to do on these production statues that almost always have something wrong with them or basically not "perfect."

Anyway...looks like mine has none of those purple dots people on here have been getting on their replacement. Yep...all white there.

Thanks again SSC! You always do it right...for me at least. Thats just some great customer service right there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171123_151821.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	478.7 KB
ID:	109528   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171123_151907.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	391.1 KB
ID:	109529  
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:43 AM   #118
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Here’s another example how vinyl dissolves stuff. I had this Playmates Star Trek props in storage and the vinyl strap was resting against the phaser handle gold paint. As shown in the photo, the vinyl dissolved the gold paint. Been in storage like this for several months.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5A8EB7D4-12AD-4846-8C47-FB61F2462AA7.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	109634  
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:17 AM   #119
shadow.broker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Nah ...I doubt it. I'm betting the retailers (wholesale distributors as you call them) will be able to request these replacement capes when they need them.

I'm betting people that bought from retailers ...and know about the defective capes ...will go back to the retailers to request a replacement cape. No need to smash the statues, if SSC is willing to ship these replacement capes for free.
No, I don't mean retailers. I was talking about wholesale distributors which retailers buy goods from and sells to customers (my friend owns a shop with collectables so I know a bit how stuff works at least here in Europe). Also I am talking from my own experience when I received a Batgirl with some paint issues and the response from the distributor was as I described in my initial post ($30 discount or smash the statue for full refund). I was asking if they contacted SS about it but the same answer keep coming.

So in the end a retailer can only offer a solution which the distributor is capable/willing to provide
shadow.broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #120
Gothamite
Phoenix

Since the gold pins aren't attached to the cape, the statue can be displayed just fine w/o the cape.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote