Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-24-2017, 12:39 AM   #151
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I did 12 years in the Marine Corps so the fact that racism and bigotry still exists in this country is such a sad state of affairs.

For better or worse We live in a PC world. Most of our statues escape such scrutiny but not all of them. The color change doesn't bother me. I still want it. I know xm will do a great job with it.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:29 PM   #152
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I did 12 years in the Marine Corps so the fact that racism and bigotry still exists in this country is such a sad state of affairs.

For better or worse We live in a PC world. Most of our statues escape such scrutiny but not all of them. The color change doesn't bother me. I still want it. I know xm will do a great job with it.
Thank you for your service Fastball. You're a real life superhero. Racism is all over the world and not simply an American issue, but we can't forget our past or we'll be unequipped to grow as we move forward into the Future.

That's how I feel about historical sensitivity and this piece. The Nazis are dead and we shouldn't forget what they (as humans like us) were capable of. We can never be in denial about what is taking place in the world or our communities and need to come together and spring into action when evil and injustice rear's its ugly face. If we ignore what that face looks like and try to hide any of its historical actions, future generations may not recognize it when its time to act.

We all know the Red Skull inspiration and history. If you're making a statue for comic fans, just make it comic accurate.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #153
slynger
Hellboy

I salute you for your service, Fastball. I'm in Law Enforcement and some of my best buddies are ex-marines, you guys are great to have in a fight.

I still don't know if I want this statue even though I know it will fit with my other XM Cap. I do know that if I decide to get it, I will absolutely be painting the armband red. I don't blame XM, this was a Marvel decision.

You can't simply ignore the past, ugly or not, it happened. It was an atrocious thing that took place and we need to be able to look back at those events and others and learn from them as we move into the future.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #154
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Thank you for your service, Fastball. I have two dear Uncles who wore the dress blues like yourself, and I can't thank any serviceperson enough.

And still nobody has said this was a Marvel decision. Usually when Marvel makes the request, it is said directly that it's a licensing issue. To my knowledge, these changes were never said to be a licensing issue. If somebody has it where XM said Marvel made them do it, please show me because I believe this is XM changing little details to make Red Skull more PC (as if a Nazi/Hydra character can ever be PC).
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #155
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Thank you for your service, Fastball. I have two dear Uncles who wore the dress blues like yourself, and I can't thank any serviceperson enough.

And still nobody has said this was a Marvel decision. Usually when Marvel makes the request, it is said directly that it's a licensing issue. To my knowledge, these changes were never said to be a licensing issue. If somebody has it where XM said Marvel made them do it, please show me because I believe this is XM changing little details to make Red Skull more PC (as if a Nazi/Hydra character can ever be PC).
Wouldn't make any sense for XM to be PC with regards to something like this. If XM was a German-based company or something, then I could understand but they're from Singapore. They had this ready with a red arm band not that long ago so for them to change it, it had to be something like a "licensing issue" or fan feedback. I'm leaning towards a licensing issue myself.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:54 PM   #156
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
Thank you for your service Fastball. You're a real life superhero. Racism is all over the world and not simply an American issue, but we can't forget our past or we'll be unequipped to grow as we move forward into the Future.

That's how I feel about historical sensitivity and this piece. The Nazis are dead and we shouldn't forget what they (as humans like us) were capable of. We can never be in denial about what is taking place in the world or our communities and need to come together and spring into action when evil and injustice rear's its ugly face. If we ignore what that face looks like and try to hide any of its historical actions, future generations may not recognize it when its time to act.

We all know the Red Skull inspiration and history. If you're making a statue for comic fans, just make it comic accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
I salute you for your service, Fastball. I'm in Law Enforcement and some of my best buddies are ex-marines, you guys are great to have in a fight.

I still don't know if I want this statue even though I know it will fit with my other XM Cap. I do know that if I decide to get it, I will absolutely be painting the armband red. I don't blame XM, this was a Marvel decision.

You can't simply ignore the past, ugly or not, it happened. It was an atrocious thing that took place and we need to be able to look back at those events and others and learn from them as we move into the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Thanks everyone! I'm just a disabled Vet now lol

And yes it is an unfortunate worldwide issue that has only gotten worse with social media.

But I'm glad we can get together here to discuss issues that we care about and of course use this as an outlet to blow some steam off from the every day hustle and bustle.

Back to Red Skull though who is POing this week!? I imagine he isn't immensely popular but he's a must have for me.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #157
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Thanks everyone! I'm just a disabled Vet now lol

And yes it is an unfortunate worldwide issue that has only gotten worse with social media.

But I'm glad we can get together here to discuss issues that we care about and of course use this as an outlet to blow some steam off from the every day hustle and bustle.

Back to Red Skull though who is POing this week!? I imagine he isn't immensely popular but he's a must have for me.
If anyone needs help let me know!
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:51 AM   #158
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Hail Hydra! PO opens 28th June, Wednesday night 11 p.m. SG time. Retailing at SGD990 and ES 800, the diabolical mastermind is given the luxurious XM 1/4 treatment! Red Skull is on stage atop an intricately designed base with a commanding presence. The powerful Cosmic cube can be placed on a pedestal beside him or in his hand. A must have companion piece to XM's Captain America and upcoming Winter Soldier!", XM Studio News.

XM Studios Facebook

New Page >>> XM Studios Europe Facebook <<< New Page

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:46 AM   #159
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I really like that placeholder for the cube. Looks great!
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:44 AM   #160
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

So no switchout head with the mouth open ?