Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-04-2015, 06:09 AM   #21
Dusk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I love the bike concept. Will look cool with Ghost Raider on another bike. Kidneys are overrated anyway.
Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:14 AM   #22
k-9
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Going to look preety badass!!

i love bikes and all but its not what i think of for punisher, ghost rider hell yeah punisher noooo thanks
k-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:11 AM   #23
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I don't mind the bike. Sure, an armoury would be cool, but it has presence and I appreciate that it hasn't been done before. My issue with this is that the sculptor is clearly unfamiliar with the source material, and XM dropped the ball on acknowledging this in art direction. I feel this is a repeat of the unmasked Daredevil head. Modernizing the characters is great and all, but stay true to who they are, switch-out piece or not.

This is not Frank Castle. He doesn't tolerate bangs, nor does he relax on his bike as he waits for his woman outside the diner. This is more akin to the Fonz than Castle.

That said, adjust the hair, get rid of the Dolph likeness and switch the relaxed arm for a hand clenched to the handlebar, and we're getting closer to what this should be.

For now, I'm on the fence with this piece. Make the needed adjustments so this screams Castle, and XM has a buyer in me.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:20 AM   #24
Apetina
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Don't digging the concept for Punisher.... As people has mentioned, let the bike for Ghost Rider and give us an intimidating Punisher, you can do it better XM!
Apetina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #25
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

I agree the hair need to be fixed and his expression to be more menacing, plus he should be gripping the steer or whatever is called.
But other than that, I love the Lundgren rensemblance and the overall concept.
I'm baffled at the amount of people complaining, they sound so eager to drop 800+$ on yet ANOTHER Punisher standing there in a generic macho pose, on a generic base, surrounded by guns.
No wonder that art direction moves so slowly (and often backwards) in this market, it really seems that people just want more and more of the same.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #26
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Agreed. The more I look at the bike, the more I like it. This statue will be a winner once XM adjusts.
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:34 AM   #27
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

XM shouldn't try so hard with some outlandish concept when doing a Punisher statue, he's a serious, no nonsense character so the simpler the better in my opinion, just give him some bad-ass weapons and make him look like someone you don't f*** around with. He doesn't need to be posing on a Harley.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #28
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
XM shouldn't try so hard with some outlandish concept when doing a Punisher statue, he's a serious, no nonsense character so the simpler the better in my opinion, just give him some bad-ass weapons and make him look like someone you don't f*** around with. He doesn't need to be posing on a Harley.
I agree. Why put him on a Harley? Put him behind a bunker with like 5different huge guns/rifles set up with spent ammo everywhere.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #29
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Yeah XM do nothing new. Dont be special with great art. Just do it stand tall, big muscles and weapons. BORING!

But guys..... XM is special..... they always do something new. This is an concept art, so we will see changes, but i think the bike stays. After this is printed you will love it, i have no doubt.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #30
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apetina View Post
Don't digging the concept for Punisher.... As people has mentioned, let the bike for Ghost Rider and give us an intimidating Punisher, you can do it better XM!
I just wanted to use this as a chime in point. SO this is not directed at you particular Apetina....but I am so SICK AND TIRED of the SAME OLD PUNISHER STANDING UP WITH GUN IN HAND.

That crap has been done till the well runs dry and this is a breath of fresh air. I certainly don't see what's wrong with having Punisher on a regular motorcycle (see pic that Rhy posted on first page of posts) and ALSO Ghost Rider on his hellcycle.

With that being said, this is after all a drawing. It is a rough basis of what the Punisher concept is. Once the digital part begins, now you can add the gruff face, maybe futz / change the hair, hell even add different arms and guns while sitting on the bike. I agree that the drawing right now does have a Fonz with a huge gun look (that's just due to the face) but once this sucker starts getting shown digitally....it will be quite a spectacular piece.

Once again, won't know for certain until we see it. I would add a grenade launcher straped on his back while he is on the motorcycle.

Maybe I'm just the only one that's sick and tired of the standing with one arm holding a gun pose. SS has done that to frikkin death. When is enough enough and try something new. This concept is right there....the fine details will come out once it is digitally done.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote