Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-05-2022, 01:13 PM   #811
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
It used to be a catch all term for basically taking characters and changing their gender, race or sexuality to reflect marginalised or minority groups - or using the premise of the film to push modern leftist political views.....this is self evident in the MCU and Star Wars, but not so much in the DCEU.....in my opinion.

Not sure how true... but rumors are Ezra had been fired due to new allegations ( seems WB has had enough) and Ellen/ Elliot Page is being considered for Flash.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 01:17 PM   #812
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
Not sure how true... but rumors are Ezra had been fired due to new allegations ( seems WB has had enough) and Ellen/ Elliot Page is being considered for Flash.
Ugh, she looks like a 14 year old boy. Having them in the role will not get me to see a Flash movie.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:45 PM   #813
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarim69 View Post
According to David Zaslav yesterday, the Flash movie will still be released, as is. (No idea how they're going to handle Ezra Miller between now and then, but maybe they're just hoping he keeps a low profile.)

I think this Elliot Page stuff is just because her people are putting the rumor out there.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 03:30 PM   #814
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Mark,
As of right now Flash is being released as is.
But DCMU is an absolute mess. THeyre going through a major overhaul, have set new 10 year plans,and I think theyll looking at a replacement moving forward.

Not sure if we can give links, but theres an article on Dark Horizons about it.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 01:39 AM   #815
sabin23
Birdman

Will JND provide updates for Mera soon?

Seems like most of the Amber Heard vs. Depp drama has subsided with the civil trial over and the Amber recently reaching a $1 Million settlement.

It's been almost a year since the Mera PO went up (Feb 2022).

I believe the Harley took slightly over a year between announcement and release but IIRC, JND gave us several updates along the way (i.e. the stocking inside seam line, proto to production comparison, etc.) - but it's been silence since the Mera PO went, presumably due to the drama surrounding the actress.

Aquaman 2 is not scheduled for theatrical release until Dec. 2023 so I doubt JND would wait another year to coincide with the movie.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 03:56 AM   #816
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Their site says Q1-Q2 2023 so probably some time next year. All the hype is on their other pieces at the mo, mera isn't a priority in comparison
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 06:27 AM   #817
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

Mass production sample should be around mid-January.
There is an event Jan 14-15 at JNDs new headquarters where attendees can take pictures, so potentially we may see images from that event if they are allowed to be released.
Should ship around March, late February at the earliest.

cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 06:33 AM   #818
pdenham
Teen Titans

With this one, I'm glad I PO'd with SF rather than buying direct. I'm still feeling the likeness is a miss from some basic angles, so I'll be curious to see how it looks in owner's photos first- though lens distortion might actually help with appearance as one of the main weaknesses I see with the likeness is the face being too wide.

It's kind of funny to see the reaction to pricing with the Cavill, when this (very simple) design followed on the heels of Harley, which was far more complex in every way- tons of tiny detail and utilizing a prodigious amount of mixed media.
About the only thing tricky with Mera is the paint app on her costume- which I'll be very surprised if it's anything other than fully sculpted ABS or polystone.
Although I have to admit, in that photo cocomonk posted, the bunching/creasing around the groin, mid arm, and waist all make it look like it could be some kind of covering (fabric? vinyl?). If it is fully sculpted, kudos on the artist for getting that subtle detail mimicking a real suit.

Still, this was priced $100 more than Harley.
The $100 increases from WW84 to Hathaway to Harley, all could be rationalized to me with increases in materials and/or complexities. Mera was a huge step back to the basic WW84 and was priced higher than all of them.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 11:04 AM   #819
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Mass production sample should be around mid-January.
There is an event Jan 14-15 at JNDs new headquarters where attendees can take pictures, so potentially we may see images from that event if they are allowed to be released.
Should ship around March, late February at the earliest.

Outfit and figure looks nice there, where is that picture from?
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 12:16 PM   #820
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

It's from JNDizer channel on YouTube.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote