Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-12-2022, 11:17 PM   #791
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Looks like people are getting creative....
The likeness of the bra is off. 0/10, I'm canceling my PO.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 01:48 AM   #792
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
Delivered to 3195 Australia Thursday. Final cost was $3,652.55 - I used my WW84 JND credit. I'll be selling her if anyone in Aus wants her.
I'd be curious as to why you're selling her - I mean, if it's for financial reasons, that's fair enough - if it's for quality or artistic reasons, I'd be grateful for your review of the piece.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 03:16 AM   #793
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Looks like people are getting creative....
The stocking seams look not too bad on that piece.
See's more stomach area makes the skin text look better also.
As for the red bra. Given it was not meant to be on display, other than act as an under color to the Harley t-shirt, the paint lines look decent.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:05 AM   #794
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The stocking seams look not too bad on that piece.
See's more stomach area makes the skin text look better also.
As for the red bra. Given it was not meant to be on display, other than act as an under color to the Harley t-shirt, the paint lines look decent.
Actually, if you zoom in, the texture on the stomach is a real fail. I'm sorry to say. It reminds me of the early Sideshow efforts, where they tried to include skin texture on their polystone pieces.....not a good look.

At 1/3 scale, in polystone, it just doesn't seem to work....and I really wonder if it's needed at this scale anyway. Just keep the surface smooth, but invest the time in great skin tones, blemishes and applied imperfections like moles etc. and that's more than enough. Turning her stomach into a lunar impact site isn't adding "detail" - in my opinion.

I think this really brings an otherwise awesome piece down.

What this does, is give me a "hint" as to how their Dark Knight piece is going to come out. And honestly, I don't need an "old man" Bale in my collection. If they don't respond to feedback I'll definitely cancel the Duo I have on pre order.
Old 08-13-2022, 02:26 PM   #795
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Actually, if you zoom in, the texture on the stomach is a real fail. I'm sorry to say. It reminds me of the early Sideshow efforts, where they tried to include skin texture on their polystone pieces.....not a good look.

At 1/3 scale, in polystone, it just doesn't seem to work....and I really wonder if it's needed at this scale anyway. Just keep the surface smooth, but invest the time in great skin tones, blemishes and applied imperfections like moles etc. and that's more than enough. Turning her stomach into a lunar impact site isn't adding "detail" - in my opinion.
I will reserve judgement until the piece arrives in person.
Old 08-13-2022, 04:06 PM   #796
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I will reserve judgement until the piece arrives in person.
Of course you should - what looks bad to me, might look ok for you. I'm not telling anyone what to spend their money on, or what to like - just giving my opinion.
Old 08-13-2022, 11:27 PM   #797
zipkicker
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
I'd be curious as to why you're selling her - I mean, if it's for financial reasons, that's fair enough - if it's for quality or artistic reasons, I'd be grateful for your review of the piece.
She's an awesome piece, a standout. Trust me, the stomach texture is a non-issue, you need to look super, super creepy close to notice any texturing. From 2 feet away, she's amazing, from all angles. It's just that I'm getting out of collecting, selling everything. JND do very good work, I'm sure your Bale Batman will be amazing mate.
zipkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 10:43 AM   #798
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipkicker View Post
She's an awesome piece, a standout. Trust me, the stomach texture is a non-issue, you need to look super, super creepy close to notice any texturing. From 2 feet away, she's amazing, from all angles. It's just that I'm getting out of collecting, selling everything. JND do very good work, I'm sure your Bale Batman will be amazing mate.
That's sad to hear....unless you're going on to bigger and better things. Once a collector - always a collector

Hey, if you have a JND WW84 for sale - let's talk.
Old 08-15-2022, 02:53 PM   #799
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Thanks..
That collector always posts video's like that, which feel like music videos. As great as Harley looks, yet again i am drawn to the skin texture around the waist, which tends to look like burn victim scaring. I hope it looks better in person.

As cool as the glass displays look, i think they should be slightly smaller.
From a distance, it's probably hard to tell the waist skin imperfection once you have the statue behind a nice display case/glass. Most people won't view it from a couple inches away.

That being said, I wish JND had improved the skin texture at the waist, especially considering the premium price they are charging. That was one of things that annoyed me once I started seeing the final production videos.

But the pros of this JND Harley still far outweigh the cons - it's probably one of the better (if not best) Harley on the market.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 03:44 PM   #800
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
From a distance, it's probably hard to tell the waist skin imperfection once you have the statue behind a nice display case/glass. Most people won't view it from a couple inches away.

That being said, I wish JND had improved the skin texture at the waist, especially considering the premium price they are charging. That was one of things that annoyed me once I started seeing the final production videos.

But the pros of this JND Harley still far outweigh the cons - it's probably one of the better (if not best) Harley on the market.
I cannot wait to see the piece in person