Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 05-29-2022, 11:45 AM   #411
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I have never read the the Denny O'Neil Question series but from what I understand anyone who read it loved it.

I have not got any DC Omnibus lately (still need the get the Brave and the Bold vol 3 one) but once again my LCBS purchased boxes of comics, trades, hardcovers. etc from an estate and I just got Batman-The Long Halloween Absolute format and Superman/Batman (Jeph Loeb series) Absolute format vol 1.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 02:45 PM   #412
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
According to Amazon, release date is now early November.
I am surprised that DC didn't cancel it. I mean, it must be bad... I won't go back at time beyond 80s with DC. The rest is cringeworthy. There is a reason why people considered super hero comics as for retardeds and that was DC in 40s,50s,60s,70s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I have never read the the Denny O'Neil Question series but from what I understand anyone who read it loved it.

I have not got any DC Omnibus lately (still need the get the Brave and the Bold vol 3 one) but once again my LCBS purchased boxes of comics, trades, hardcovers. etc from an estate and I just got Batman-The Long Halloween Absolute format and Superman/Batman (Jeph Loeb series) Absolute format vol 1.
Yeah, everyone praises The Question run. I watched an interview with Greg Rucka and he was so amazed by O'Neil's Question run, praised it for the whole interview. Eversince i have my eyes on the run. The Long Halloween is probably my favorite Batman adventure. It totally deserves to be owned in Absolute Format. Loeb run Superman Batman was good as well. It is the first ever original American Comics, i have ever bought in the collected format and that started everything.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 04:37 PM   #413
mmk123

we always remember our first-comics that is
Old 05-30-2022, 01:55 PM   #414
mmk123

I am hoping that DC will start doing some Green Lantern/Kyle Rayner omnibus. He was the main Green Lantern for well over a decade and now he is an afterthought.
Old 05-30-2022, 02:48 PM   #415
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Received vol 3 of Geoff John?s Flash
Old 05-30-2022, 05:36 PM   #416
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I am hoping that DC will start doing some Green Lantern/Kyle Rayner omnibus. He was the main Green Lantern for well over a decade and now he is an afterthought.
Are you a fan of Daryl Banks? artwork?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:19 PM   #417
mmk123

I do like Darryl Banks work
I used to have those issue but got of rid in a comic book sale purge years ago and 6 months later I regretted it
Now my LCBS has alot of the issues in a dollar bin and could probably find most there but was looking for an easier route to get the issue back
Plus, hardcovers and omnibus are easy to store and take less room than individual issues
Old 05-30-2022, 07:24 PM   #418
Mister H
Gen 13

I hated how they treated Hal but I never disliked Kyle. Not a huge fan of Banks but I would probably buy an omni of Kyle GL.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:11 PM   #419
mmk123

I agree
I did not like what they did too Hal either. I was glad he was brought back but Kyle really got the back burner treatment
Old 05-31-2022, 04:45 AM   #420
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

When i started to collect American Comics as single issues, Hal was back, i started with Geoff Johns run issue # 1 to The Green Lantern so i don't know Kyle.

But i would be into a Kyle Rayner Green Lantern Run Omnibus to see how it was in the absence of Hal Jordan. I believe Wally West is the character who really got the backburn with unnessary return of Barry Allen that no one asked for and everyone was happy with the legacy character Wally West who was Flash for almost 30 years or something...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote