Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-02-2022, 10:39 PM   #891
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Good stuff man. Yeah, that cover art is some of the best ever. Even with the oversaturated red, I always marveled at how badass he looked. I used to mime his movement as a kid. So lame. But finding out later that 'mime' was a big part of his performance made me feel better about myself. hah Before I got my own tape, I had to trade my copy of NES Contra to a friend who had an older brother who had it, just to view. lol

I never bought a lot of discs, but I bought a lot more than I buy now. After bluray, then ultra HD, I just feel like a sucker buying movies over and over again. But favorites like this and Predator are always welcome when the picture/sound are improved. I always follow new releases, but I don't buy until reviews confirm that the video is an upgrade, so thinking I missed out on this steelbook...would have been gutting. I dislike the standard art so much I probably would have skipped it entirely. And that would be a shame, because I don't think this movie can look any better.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:43 AM   #892
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Good stuff man. Yeah, that cover art is some of the best ever. Even with the oversaturated red, I always marveled at how badass he looked. I used to mime his movement as a kid. So lame. But finding out later that 'mime' was a big part of his performance made me feel better about myself. hah Before I got my own tape, I had to trade my copy of NES Contra to a friend who had an older brother who had it, just to view. lol

I never bought a lot of discs, but I bought a lot more than I buy now. After bluray, then ultra HD, I just feel like a sucker buying movies over and over again. But favorites like this and Predator are always welcome when the picture/sound are improved. I always follow new releases, but I don't buy until reviews confirm that the video is an upgrade, so thinking I missed out on this steelbook...would have been gutting. I dislike the standard art so much I probably would have skipped it entirely. And that would be a shame, because I don't think this movie can look any better.
dude i would do the same ----. the Robotic Robocop walk with sounds...good stuff.

i was literally raised on this movie and Predator and mostly all the stuff i shouldn't have been watching. Some of my earliest memories as a little guy involve Robocop and Predator and movies of that genre. But those two are the clear cut #1 & #2, Predator has always been my #1, but as the years pass, RoboCop is getting closer and closer to dethroning it. It has aged sooo well, so has Predator but there is more to RoboCop then Predator. but the combo of Predator's cast, Arnold in his prime and Stan Winston's crowning greatest monster is just a tough act to go against, but Robocop is right there. Everytime at the end when the Old Man says, "Nice shooting son, what's your name?" and Robo said, "Murphy" gives the soft human smile and the credits roll with the "Rock Shop" Robo theme immediately playing I say that is the greatest movie of all time, but im not sure it's better than Predator. but again it's getting closer and closer every time i watch it.

and the jump from VHS to DVD, was big. DVD to Blu Ray was also pretty big, not as big as VHS to DVD, but Blu Ray to 4K is a lot smaller than the other jumps. as you said the higher up you go the difference becomes less and less. I'm not totally crazy about the brighter video of the 4K UHD, i kinda like the darker blu ray video, but the sound on the 4K UHD is unreal a noticeable improvement.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 12:04 PM   #893
qz33
Rescue

Hey thanks to y'all I found the Steelbook last night which reminded me to check for the Star Wars boxed set on sale too for May the 4th. This little conversation got me a lotta goodies!
Finding the Robocop Steelbook in 4K was hard on Barnes and Nobles quagmire of a site. It was not even a result for the term Robocop!

Glad to hear you met him SHOGUN. You've gotta to get those picture to load I really would love to see the finished results. I have never seen good pictures of the Barton bust. I got on is list a few years back and my chance came around but I passed because some people said it had a couple problems and PCS was talking about doing a licensed one cast from an actual suit. Then I thought Chronicle would be my redemption. Now I have no Robocop bust at all.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 07:15 PM   #894
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Yeah, I love RoboCop and Predator equally. They're pretty much perfect films in my eyes.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:54 PM   #895
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Glad to hear you met him SHOGUN. You've gotta to get those picture to load I really would love to see the finished results. I have never seen good pictures of the Barton bust. I got on is list a few years back and my chance came around but I passed because some people said it had a couple problems and PCS was talking about doing a licensed one cast from an actual suit. Then I thought Chronicle would be my redemption. Now I have no Robocop bust at all.
After multiple attempts i finally got them to upload. This time i had to screen shot them and upload them because they were uploading sideways.

Here's pic of my Fred Barton Robocop bust. First-Run, ordered direct from Fred, before Sideshow got involved. These first run busts are absolutely gorgeous, if they arrived in one piece.

Here the Weller Signatures. JSA had a table two tables away from Weller and they were offering authentication for $10 per item. I never saw this before, i jumped at the opportunity. I got their "Witnessed Protection Program" Authentication for the 3 pieces for only $30. The main dude from JSA was floored at how awesome the Barton Bust was. He's was like we all saw you getting that signed, it was pretty cool that you took the time and effort to bring this big expensive piece in here to get it signed by the guy that played the character.

I wallked up to Weller with there Barton Bust facing him and i said, "Mr. Weller, do you recognize this guy." He said with a smile, 'Yes, yes i do". He was looking at the bust and said, "did you make this" i said, "No Fred barton...yadda...yadda." He looks at me and then said, "So what do you want me to do with this?" I said "can you sign the back corner opposite Fred Barton's signature?" He said , "Of course" so here is the cool part, After signing the he looks at it for another 5-10, i could tell he was thinking and he says to me, "this is a serious piece of art, would you like me to date the signature?" I said, "No that isn't necessary." His security guard chimed in and said, "No...don't date it no one every has a signature dated." Then Dr. Peter Weller the Dr in Italian Renaissance Art History says, "In the Art History world, it is incredibly rare for a work of art to be dated. If a piece of art has a date on it, it is irrefutable evidence, documentation which can very easily be traced back. Dates on a piece of art is the gold standard. Time and time again an item that is dated is sells for much more money compared to the same item that is not dated. I would recommend it, this is a serious piece of art it won't hurt." I said, "Thank you for the art history lesson Dr. Weller, yes please date it, thank you". I thought that little art history lesson was really cool and something i will always remember fro our interaction. it was a cute little moment we shared. Then i had him sign the base and the 11x14. by that time i was literally at his table for 4-5 minutes and it was like Ralph in a Christmas Story when he was taking too much time on Santa's lap. hahhaha It was a great time.

PCS EX Base:

11x14 Robocop Official Movie Poster Art:

It's funny on the Bust and the Base he "printed" Dr Peter Weller and on the 11x14 he "signed" it in cursive. This is proof Dr. Peter Weller has 2 forms of signing. Interesting.

heres the link to Barnes & Nobile for the New 4K UHD-HDR Steelbook:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd...=0760137856696
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Barton Robo Bust.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	546.7 KB
ID:	149581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Barton Robo Bust 2.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	544.2 KB
ID:	149582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Barton Robo Bust 3.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	509.4 KB
ID:	149583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Peter Weller PCS .jpg
Size:	527.5 KB
ID:	149584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Peter Weller Signed Barton Bust.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	494.6 KB
ID:	149585  

Name:	Weller SIgned Robocop 11x14.jpg
Size:	531.0 KB
ID:	149586  
Old 05-05-2022, 08:58 PM   #896
qz33
Rescue

Thank you SHOGUN.
Awesome pics and story! He's right dating it is a really good idea.
You got some great things there! I bet he hadn't seen the bust very much before!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:44 PM   #897
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Awesome man. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-06-2022, 04:08 AM   #898
jinkazama
Cobra Command

That's awesome Shogun!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:46 AM   #899
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Thanks for sharing Shogun, that's just awesome.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:29 PM   #900
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Glad you guys enjoyed my experience it was cool. The previous Chiller Theatre (October 2021) Ronny Cox Attended (aka DICK JONES) I really wanted to go to get his autograph but I was unable to attend. After I met Weller I just so happened to find this 11x14 signed by Ronny certified by Beckett. This is the exact shot I wouldve had him sign and Im so happy I found in 11x14 matching my RoboCop signed print with silver paint marker. I always loved this shot. Gonna get em
Matching custom frames and then I’m done.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	6346BD15-1B04-48CE-A47B-29AEF369AE9A.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	341.6 KB
ID:	149646