Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-29-2021, 07:21 PM   #21
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

It was ok but nothing jumped out to me watching this premier. Fett feels like he needs to be grittier and I doubt we'll get that on Disney+.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 09:17 PM   #22
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
It was ok but nothing jumped out to me watching this premier. Fett feels like he needs to be grittier and I doubt we'll get that on Disney+.
The Disney+ shows are just as "gritty" as anything that Lucas Film ever did.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:12 PM   #23
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
The Disney+ shows are just as "gritty" as anything that Lucas Film ever did.
True but those were focused more on heroes. When you are making a show about an infamous bounty hunter and (now) crime lord, a PG version just seems underutilized. I'm not saying they need to go hard R, but let's at least make it a strong PG 13. A little blood wouldn't hurt anyone.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:14 PM   #24
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The fact he helped out Mando show's he's not some heartless bad guy. It also shows he has a code of conduct he goes by.

Other than that, Boba wasn't shown much other then Clone Wars and even then, as a kid he had a chance to murder unarmed clones and he didn't do it.
Many of the worst ppl through history have a code of conduct. All these guys play in the grey area as you said. Let?s remember Mando turning jawas to dust. Only Fett is a heavier hitter and he?s worked for the worst. If we go back to the original source material he?s also was a manipulator. Ppl forget that first reveal of Fett which is actually considered canon.

So at least they have him running a criminal underworld. As long as he doesn?t become some bs virtue guy I?m fine. I do however want to see him rule with some ?fear? however.

In all honesty, I dont understand how he?s ruling anything. For all intents and purposes, I don?t even understand why Fortuna was there as opposed to another Hutt. Technically he should be waging war with the entire Hutt cartel right now and all he?s got is Fennec Shand and a couple of pigs. How is he not being ripped apart?
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:15 PM   #25
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
True but those were focused more on heroes. When you are making a show about an infamous bounty hunter and (now) crime lord, a PG version just seems underutilized. I'm not saying they need to go hard R, but let's at least make it a strong PG 13. A little blood wouldn't hurt anyone.
I agree.outside of the sequels, we have seen some great material. R1, Mando are exceptional. Hopefully the BoBF will continue this trend.

I also agree that we need blood. It’s wha5 made the OT so hardcore. That once in a while holy shi5 his hand got hacked off, holy ---- obi wan cut his arms off, holy ---- he’s eating a tauntaun, holy ---- he just ate the pig guy, holy ---- that hole in the ground just ate that dude…
Old 12-30-2021, 07:42 AM   #26
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Mods, pls update title of thread to include spoilers.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:15 AM   #27
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Gotta say it?s a bit of a let down. Fett is kind of a wuss in this so far. Really hope it gets better.

?.and I barely saw him with his helmet on.
100% with you, why is he so weak? he seemed more of a bad ass dying of thirst without his armor killing that sand monster, but now hes a slave to the bacta tank? hoping things pick up
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:31 PM   #28
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I enjoyed the first episode and thought it was really good.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:56 PM   #29
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The fact he helped out Mando show's he's not some heartless bad guy. It also shows he has a code of conduct he goes by.

Other than that, Boba wasn't shown much other then Clone Wars and even then, as a kid he had a chance to murder unarmed clones and he didn't do it.
I was hoping for something like Anton Chigurh in Space but maybe just turned down a notch.

I think the let down for me was that the trailers/tv spots pretty showed us the entire first episode. The flashbacks were the only exciting part.

Also the whole no helmet/mask thing is extremely annoying. That kind of crap is all over the MCU... Christ with Ant Man 2, it seems the helmets were going on/coming off every few mins.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:20 PM   #30
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
I don?t know, maybe it?s just me, but I enjoyed the first episode and thought it was really good.
Just watched the episode a couple hours ago and I enjoyed it as well. Was not a fan of the end credits music though. Seemed really out of place.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote