Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-09-2022, 05:04 PM   #101
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

After all these praises, i really need to see the film, now as Predator fan. Too bad, it didn't make it to the theathers in Turkiye. :/

Xenoburger... This reminded me the Big king XXL Hamburger, i had at lounch today. Man, it was huge... I had really hard time finishing it, i thought i had a heart attack and went to heaven for awhile eating it. What do they put in those things... ? i was really on an another planet, my consciousness was really going places eating it... lol
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 10:22 PM   #102
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

This was a pretty good entry if you turn your brain off. In on mode, you start to wonder how humans keep easily outsmarting these Predators even though they invented invisi-camo and space travel. Plus the rather small young lady kept winning fights against her tribesmen, the French guys, and ultimately the Predator. Hey Predator, quit hitting yourself. Other than that, the setting and time period were awesome. I think my favorite part of the movie was the Predator vs bear fight.

Personally, I'd like a Predator movie that dives deeper into their lore. We got some of that with the AvP movies. But perhaps this movie could be on another planet without humans. The Predator could be the good guy in the movie who is fighting for survival against some dangerous aliens (not xenomorphs).
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:38 PM   #103
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
Personally, I'd like a Predator movie that dives deeper into their lore. We got some of that with the AvP movies. But perhaps this movie could be on another planet without humans. The Predator could be the good guy in the movie who is fighting for survival against some dangerous aliens (not xenomorphs).
I like this idea too, I think coming up with dialogue would be difficult though without any humans. If they are going to insist on using small insignificant moments from past movies at least use interesting ones. Like the predator hunting what those weird alien skulls belonged to in Predator 2. Maybe show where and how their technology came about.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:44 PM   #104
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

just got done my second viewing.

-the film wasn't as enjoyable the second time around, some cool scenes, but after the second viewing i realized i have no reason to ever watch this film again. First go round i was entertained by the natives because it was different. after the second go round, it's not half as cool as it was the first helping.

-The Predator honestly feels like a Lord of the Rings bad guy. how he fights, how he twirls his maces like the Burton's Headless Horseman i'm just not feeling it. his masked look like a mix of LOTR Lurtz and Uruk-Hai with the mask similar to the Kong: Skull Island Skull Crawlers heads. really strange design on this guy, but i must say i liked how he looked better than the first time watching the film. The actors movement as the Predator is didn't;t get any better. he really does walk like WWE's Vinny Mac. Everything he does just looks and feels like a big oaf. meanwhile the CGI Predator scenes he's hopping around like Sonic the Hedgehog. Pretty silly.

-Everyone underestimates Naru. Her mother says she can't hunt. Her brother says she can't hunt. Her brothers crew says she can't hunt. The frenchman think she not a threat and The Predator doesn't view her as a threat. But because they underestimate her, that is what makes her dangerous. It's pretty stupid. it's very stupid. The Predator has what, 3 different times when she was a threat and attacking her that he looked at her and thought....hmmm, she's a woman, she's not threatening, im not going to make a trophy go her cause she's not worthy. It's pretty bad guys. Then she eats her magical flowers and instantly becomes Naru Nurmagomedov and attempts to outgrapple the fugly LOTR looking Predator, it's bad. The end scene is the worse final sequence in the Predator franchise. It makes the Wolf vs PredAlien abysmal rainy rooftop battle with 7% visibility seem like Rocky vs Apollo Creed.

The movie for me is at the bottom of the list. The Predator is neck an neck with the Berserker for bottom of the list. Second viewing for me did this film ZERO favors. There was a reason this film wasn't in the theaters and this was apparent after finishing the second viewing.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 11:51 PM   #105
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I think my favorite part of the movie was the Predator vs bear fight.

the bear fight was alright, but it was a rip off of the same scenario from Lake Placid.

it loses points for lack of originality.

good calla bout the Lore. we got that in Predator 2, AVP, and I really like the idea of what they did in Predators (i just think that movie's execution was horrible...seemed like a love letter homage session as opposed to an original film). I like the idea of The Predator with the 2 Preds, good and bad...borrowed slightly from the Bad Blood story, but that movie is VERY, VERY hard to defend even with the monstrous super predator.

I'd like a Predator live for once among many other things.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:14 AM   #106
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
This was a pretty good entry if you turn your brain off. In on mode, you start to wonder how humans keep easily outsmarting these Predators even though they invented invisi-camo and space travel.
Humans have invented tons of sh!t too, and it's amazing how many die from stupidity every day.

How do Preds die? Same way they always have. Hubris, overconfidence, human ingenuity.

That's been the point of the franchise from the beginning. Hunting the 'most dangerous game'. Game that can out think and outsmart you. Yautja challenge themselves and adhere to a code that usually doesn't just allow them to 'blast away' with their superior tech. And as I mentioned previously, this Yautja may not have been that experienced to begin with.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:34 AM   #107
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
meanwhile the CGI Predator scenes he's hopping around like Sonic the Hedgehog. Pretty silly.
He does the exact same thing in Predator (1987), they just don't show it. Arnold - "he's using the trees". He swings and jumps from them constantly. To catch up to and kill Hawkins. To kill Billy then get to Arnold so fast. You can be damn sure he was hopping and swinging like that.

You think that hopping looked silly? When you posted that the best scene from the franchise, being a 20-foot jump, twirl and (slowed down) reverse spear chuck into a Queen's head??

Quote:
The Predator has what, 3 different times when she was a threat and attacking her that he looked at her and thought....hmmm, she's a woman, she's not threatening, im not going to make a trophy go her cause she's not worthy. It's pretty bad guys.
Huh? They frequently stop an attack based on new information about an enemy's condition. Not armed? Arnold - "No sport." "Noooooo!" kicks the gun comically out of Anna's hands, so she instantly goes from a threat, to not a threat. Predator 2 Leona is a threat until...suddenly her pregnancy is observed, and bam, not going to consider her a threat any longer.

Quote:
There was a reason this film wasn't in the theaters and this was apparent after finishing the second viewing.
Prey is the highest rated film in the franchise, both critically, and with audiences (not saying I agree, but...). Who are you trying to convince? The studio is probably regretting not showing it in theaters now.
Old 08-10-2022, 12:44 AM   #108
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

Prey is the highest rated film in the franchise, both critically, and with audiences (not saying I agree, but...). Who are you trying to convince? The studio is probably regretting not showing it in theaters now.
he convinced me there is still at least some sanity left on this board, all these people throwing 9s around at this damn movie
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 02:20 AM   #109
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
he convinced me there is still at least some sanity left on this board, all these people throwing 9s around at this damn movie
Different strokes...but yeah, not that high for me.

Predator 1987 is a 9 for me (I don't rate anything a 10). I like Prey, but it's definitely below that.
Old 08-10-2022, 05:26 AM   #110
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Humans have invented tons of sh!t too, and it's amazing how many die from stupidity every day.

How do Preds die? Same way they always have. Hubris, overconfidence, human ingenuity.

That's been the point of the franchise from the beginning. Hunting the 'most dangerous game'. Game that can out think and outsmart you. Yautja challenge themselves and adhere to a code that usually doesn't just allow them to 'blast away' with their superior tech. And as I mentioned previously, this Yautja may not have been that experienced to begin with.
That's a good point. It took brains to invent the automobile, but takes very little to operate one and crash it while texting. Perhaps this Predator was a noob who hadn't even killed a xenomorph before. And maybe they're not even that smart. Probably stole space travel and camo from the engineers/space jockeys.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote