Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-10-2022, 01:42 PM   #121
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I like this idea too, I think coming up with dialogue would be difficult though without any humans. If they are going to insist on using small insignificant moments from past movies at least use interesting ones. Like the predator hunting what those weird alien skulls belonged to in Predator 2. Maybe show where and how their technology came about.
I like the different time period and culture, Earth angle, but that would be a great direction to go as well.

Hollywood seems to be averse to making movies with long periods of silence (how many 'Castaway's are there?), or movies with aliens and no humans (how much better would Transformers be with much less focus on humans?). But I'd love one centered on the Yautja somewhere else.

Now, actually, that seems a little more probable. Going straight to streaming is probably the most likely way that type of movie would happen. People expect a movie in the theater to be a big, loud 'blockbuster'.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:49 PM   #122
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
My Predator Films

Top Tier (Love)
Predator

Great Tier (Like)
Prey
Predator 2
Predators

Average Tier (Okay)
AvP
AvP: Requiem

Meh Tier (Dislike)
None

Awful Tier (Hate)
The Predator
I'd move Predator 2 down to average tier. Otherwise, I agree.

Aside from stating our opinions/rankings here, you can check out Rotten Tomatoes ranking for all Predator movies here:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/franchise/predator

Now we can argue about that too!

You can sort by Tomatometer and Audience score. And I stand corrected - the Audience score for 'Prey' is second, behind 'Predator'. But those two scores are MUCH higher than all the rest.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 03:39 PM   #123
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienjakk View Post
I blame The Predator for this, you can really only go up from there. My friend made a good comparison about this. If you were starving and hadn't eaten in a week, then came across a stale half eaten piece of bread, it would probably taste like the most amazing thing you ever ate.

Now that the novelty has worn off for me, I can't help but to think how much better this could have been if they took a few cues from Bone Tomahawk. The Troglodytes were more "predator" imo and felt like an actual threat, the gore was better, and although more Western heavy than Native American, it definitely blended that genre with horror better. Hell, you even had a group of likeable characters that you felt for when they died.

Had The Predator never existed, this movie would have gotten a proper beat down.

There's nothing enticing for me to ever rewatch prey again, whether it'd be next week or 10 years time. That's the biggest measure of whether a movie is good or not.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:30 PM   #124
Jungle Demon
Hydra

I hate how his face looked in the movie but his skull bio mask is awesome.

Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 08:05 AM   #125
SDguy

Couldn't they have given him better hand prosthetics? Seeing as he's such a lean looking Predator, what's up with the sausage fingers.... soooo thick!
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:03 AM   #126
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
I hate how his face looked in the movie but his skull bio mask is awesome.

in still photos that are straight on, the mask doesn't look half bad, the creature looks passable.

but when there is any movement and you actually get to get a feel of the monster the wheels completely fall off.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #127
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Couldn't they have given him better hand prosthetics? Seeing as he's such a lean looking Predator, what's up with the sausage fingers.... soooo thick!
The CGI in the burnt smoky forest scene was perfect. The hand look so creepy. They should?ve used the same CGI again for Feral healing itself. Instead they went with a close up of the actor in the practical suit; the Halloween costume hands look the worst there.

MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 11:10 AM   #128
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
The CGI in the burnt smoky forest scene was perfect. The hand look so creepy. They should?ve used the same CGI again for Feral healing itself. Instead they went with a close up of the actor in the practical suit; the Halloween costume hands look the worst there.

I feel like they were trying to give some homage to the first 2 films, where the glove looking hands were featured quite prominently, but they worked with the overall costume/design, much more, IMO.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 08:48 PM   #129
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Good review, best one in regards to praising the good parts and calling out the bad. It pointed out a few things I didn't think of as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0varO32Wb_Q
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote