Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-08-2022, 05:11 PM   #21
Bottled_Water
Birdman

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=30ks2k0f1AI

30 second teaser, few extra shots. I have high hopes, can't help it.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:33 AM   #22
spriggan
The Spirit

I like the trailer, hopefully it is more like the original movie.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 10:52 AM   #23
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

This looks so incredibly stupid, awful, and awesome. First line of the trailer letting us know that "the message" is going to be front and center. Also, what's up with her and the Scorpion hatchet?

Some predictions I have:

We'll get a female predator with a different hairstyle and metal breast plate to let us know it has tits, or something equally unimaginative to let the audience know it's female.

The men in the tribe will all be dumb headstrong brutes that act scared, all get slaughtered, and our female lead will be the one to show them how to win.

Lance Henriksen will be shoe horned in somehow. I'm thinking tribal elder, or commander of the colonial forces.

Some nonsensical tie in to the pistol at the end of Predator 2.

I know I sound negative, I really hope I'm wrong about all this, but there are too many red flags to ignore.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 11:29 AM   #24
Bottled_Water
Birdman

The "fighting against gender norms" aspect is certainly not very subtle in the trailer. Hopefully she's an actual character and not just a statement. As for the predator himself, I believe he was confirmed to be male but of a different breed (hence the thinner dreads).

My only predictions are the predator and protagonist teaming up at some point to fight colonists, the protagonist outsmarting the predator into a trap (using herself as bait perhaps), or the predator acknowledging the warrior spirit within the protagonist and giving her some token.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 03:45 PM   #25
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

You two are very passimistic, what happened to your American Optimisim... (:
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:28 PM   #26
Augen
The Hulk

I get not liking things, but getting "pre-angry" over speculation of something you haven't seen feels like a waste of emotional energy.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:48 PM   #27
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I get not liking things, but getting "pre-angry" over speculation of something you haven't seen feels like a waste of emotional energy.
That's right, remember folks, speculate responsibly. Don't let speculation become expectation, go in with an open mind
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 06:32 PM   #28
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
if we hadn't been living through the ritualistic sacrifice of every single beloved property over the last decade or so, maybe i'd be a bit more in the "wait and see" camp.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:10 AM   #29
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Oh quite the contrary, I'm expecting to have a blast watching this. For all the wrong reasons, but a blast nonetheless
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:49 AM   #30
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
if we hadn't been living through the ritualistic sacrifice of every single beloved property over the last decade or so, maybe i'd be a bit more in the "wait and see" camp.
I'd argue "Predator" series has been very hit or miss. Flip a coin and it could be fun or it could be terrible. At the very least this is an interesting direction to me going back in time making the Predator a major threat (without having to do something like a "Super Predator" or whatever they did with that mess of the last entry in the series).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote