Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-06-2022, 12:42 PM   #61
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Watched it last night. Loved it. Agree with everyone else, visually beautiful. I'm still on the fence with the unmasked predator design. He's just so fugly, and I'm not sure I love the weirdly angled, large eyes, and insect like mandibles.
Looked almost like the Preda-dog face. BY far the ugliest pu$$y face of them all lol. I was hoping he at least looked cool under that mask, but I said to myself nah, keep that thing on please. The Bio was a great idea, but would?ve rather seen him be even more primal and not have any tri laser set up with it.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 01:40 PM   #62
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

8 out of 10?

You guys are already setting my expectations too high.

Where can I watch this for free this evening? I dont have Hulu and I dont subscribe to any services. Lots of garbage on those services.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 01:58 PM   #63
victory
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Really enjoyed this movie. Thought it was well written and had a very good cast. Solid movie which rivals the OG Predator movie. This should have started on the big screen. A solid 9 of 10 for me.
victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 02:09 PM   #64
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Where can I watch this for free this evening? I dont have Hulu and I dont subscribe to any services. Lots of garbage on those services.
If you've never signed up for Hulu before, you can get a free month, that's what I just did. I'll cancel before the month is out.
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 03:19 PM   #65
Asgard
Deadman

I read online that Disney+ also has a Comanche audio track
I think I'll look at this version first
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 03:59 PM   #66
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Not sure about overseas but Hulu also has a Comanche language version. Thinking about watching it in that language.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 04:38 PM   #67
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Watched it last night. Loved it. Agree with everyone else, visually beautiful. I'm still on the fence with the unmasked predator design. He's just so fugly, and I'm not sure I love the weirdly angled, large eyes, and insect like mandibles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Looked almost like the Preda-dog face. BY far the ugliest pu$$y face of them all lol. I was hoping he at least looked cool under that mask, but I said to myself nah, keep that thing on please. The Bio was a great idea, but would?ve rather seen him be even more primal and not have any tri laser set up with it.
Predators has been my second favorite Pred movie, but one of my few complaints with that was the addition of Super Predators. I would have preferred they stick with the classic designs as much as possible. But with Prey now showing one looking different still, it makes me realize I've been thinking about them all wrong.

I was naturally comparing them to human diversity, which is to say, we all look mostly alike. Our differences are relatively minor in the grand scheme.

But if you think of Preds like primates... there's much more diversity under that umbrella. More room for creative freedom in designs (and plot, that Predators tried to introduce) going forward.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 05:12 PM   #68
SDguy

To me it just looks more like something from the MIB universe, not Predator....

Spoiler

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	297872198_6182359331781399_8711747039311710542_n.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	152625  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 05:16 PM   #69
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Predators has been my second favorite Pred movie, but one of my few complaints with that was the addition of Super Predators. I would have preferred they stick with the classic designs as much as possible. But with Prey now showing one looking different still, it makes me realize I've been thinking about them all wrong.

I was naturally comparing them to human diversity, which is to say, we all look mostly alike. Our differences are relatively minor in the grand scheme.

But if you think of Preds like primates... there's much more diversity under that umbrella. More room for creative freedom in designs (and plot, that Predators tried to introduce) going forward.
I like the idea of multiple Predator... Ethnicities? Species? I like the idea of Predator diversity, it's just that they haven't found a new design that doesn't look odd.

My only two gripes with this new Predator are his head being too narrow at the top, making his forehead appear bulbus, and his lack of any design along his head like Jungle/City Hunter. Otherwise I like everything else about him, especially his somewhat flat face.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 05:21 PM   #70
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
If you have a VPN, I hear that you can set your location to Canada or Europe and you can view via your Disney+.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote