Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-06-2022, 06:31 PM   #71
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
To me it just looks more like something from the MIB universe, not Predator....
I dunno...I mean, it still looks pretty Yautja to me. Yeah, definitely strangest yet, but how impartial can we all be? We've had the original design for 35 years. Who knows how we'd react if we saw the original, this, and Super Predators all in the beginning?

I didn't get a good look at him in the movie, so with that pic, this is the first I'm seeing it clearly. Call me crazy (but hopefully not racist, as I mean no disrespect), but, does this new design not appear inspired by Native Americans? Skin color, wider set eyes, thinner black dreads?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:18 PM   #72
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Dude, that's completely yautjist One thing is for sure, he has some well defined abs, interstellar hunting strengthens your core.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 07:52 PM   #73
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Dude, that's completely yautjist One thing is for sure, he has some well defined abs, interstellar hunting strengthens your core.
Haha, yeah I think in some of those shots it looked like he had an 8- or 10-pack
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 04:11 AM   #74
FDS
Justice League

What made me really like the Predator movies was the Predator it it self, loved the design.

I think they lost that with this movie Prey.

Yeah good take on the story, slightly long build for the first 40 minutes, but the let down for me was not the movie itself but the design of the so called Predator. It didn?t look like the much loved Predator.

Looked like some wanna be Predator, maybe that?s why they didn?t call it Predator?

I hate when they ruin the francise by making changes to the main charact we fall in love with and wanna see more of.

They did that with Robocop too, and slight changes to the endoskeletons from terminator Genisys and dark fate.

Why do that, its like changing the whole look of Darth Vader, it just wouldn?t be Darth Vader.

For that reason, im not a fan of Prey, but overall it was a good movie.
FDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 05:02 AM   #75
ozboy
Birdman

ADI should be banned from working on anything predator (and alien). With the exception of Wolf and Predalien I think everything they've done since Alien 3 has been awful.
ozboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:58 AM   #76
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Haha, yeah I think in some of those shots it looked like he had an 8- or 10-pack
I stand corrected, arguably 12-pack abs

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PredAbs.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	152643  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:00 PM   #77
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Hell, I think it's actually a 14-pack!
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:24 PM   #78
Bottled_Water
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozboy View Post
ADI should be banned from working on anything predator (and alien). With the exception of Wolf and Predalien I think everything they've done since Alien 3 has been awful.
Did they work on The Thing (2011)? Their work was covered by CGI, but some of the behind the scenes footage looked incredible.
Bottled_Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:36 AM   #79
Gruson
Suicide Squad

First 30 minutes is pretty bad, along with some awful CGI.
then it gets real good! Worth watching for sure, finally a good Predator movie and loved the Predator 2 reference.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:57 AM   #80
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

just got done watching it.

I was genuinely entertained throughout. I liked the movie a lot more than i thought i was going to. It was pretty good. Very well made. Strong acting and it never lagged and i was never looking at my watch. everyone talked about the cinematography like this is a Stanley Kubrick fiilm it has a bunch of nice landscape shots, but that was it. Pretty good pace to this movie. It was like Last of the Mohicans and Apocalypto monster movie. It would've been much better if it was in a native language like Apocalypto...but I totally understand why it was done in in English. This movie makes me want to watch Apocalypto...that movie is absolutely insanely awesome. Overall a good flick, i'd watch it again if it was on cable, why not better than most of the other garbage.

Now we talked about "the Movie", it's time to talk about THE PREDATOR, how was this specifically as a "Predator Movie"?, because despite the Name Prey...this is a Predator movie, and we are watching and discussing it because of our beloved Predator.

This was by far and away....without a doubt THE WORST "Predator" film in the franchise and it's not even close. I'm not talking about how well the movie was made, or the acting or soundtrack or the cinematography or the supporting actors or anything else. I'm talking about the character THE PREDATOR. as a Predator fan this was THE BOTTOM of the BARRELL the sludge on the bottom of Predator films. as a Predator monster movie the character we grew up with basically our first cousin from another galaxy, that bleeds neon green with dread locks and mandibles....Shane Black's The Predator poops all over this Predator film. AVP-R is like Casablanca compared to this. AVP as a Predator-Monster movie, is like Gone with the Wind compared to this. This was the most horrible rendition of the character i have ever seen, almost unrecognizable, not just the appearance EVERYTHING. It's so sad to see this graceful, brutal, terrifyingly beautiful Stan Winston monster go to this over what 4-5 movies. again, im not just talking about the look (my goodness it was the worst Predator i have even seen), but the feel, the movement, how he went about things, it was incredibly painful to watch. It was Basically Roman Reigns in a horrible Predator costume. I didn't even feel like i was watching a Predator movie. u know the Predator in Predator 2 Hunted Busey and his team in the slaughter house with strategy, brains and grace...none of that. NONE OF IT. The movement coach should be fired and never work in cinema again. When you compare Peter Weller's movement the Robocop films to bring a character alive it's just shows sad this Predator film was. Kevin Peter Hall and Stan Winston are probably laughing their asses off at this Predator. It was that bad, it was SYFY channel bad, like 5 HEADED SHARK BAD. The look, the feel, the movement, overall physical identity of the character The Predator was so unrecognizable, they should've just called it something else entirely, but no there's no money in that, right? I would give the design of this Predator a 1 out of 10, and that's generous. It was terrible. the worst to ever grace the screen and it's not even close.

To summarize, this is a well made good flick. as a
"Predator" film as in Predator the character, it's lousy, bottom of the barrel Predator movie. Seeing a Predator movie like this makes me sad for the kids of today getting introduced to the character this way. Stan Winston and Kevin Peter Hall's Predator WAS and IS the Greatest Movie Monster in history, and this abomination they gave is in Prey does not even deserve to be associated with that legendary character.

Predator

Predator 2

AVP

AVP-R

The Predator

Predators

Prey
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote