Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-19-2022, 09:27 AM   #1
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

KATFIGHT 1/4 SCALE STATUE

After artist Jamie Tyndall announced his White Widow statue, we now have his next piece available for pre-order, Katfight 1/4 Scale Statue. Created in Tyndalls signature style, Katfight has a post apocalyptic cyberpunk vibe. Armed with a gun and a few gadgets strapped to her leg, Katfight is ready to rumble!

I haven't seen this one posted yet. Doesn't seem there is much interest.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 09:56 AM   #2
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

$999

Edition size: 60

It's a bit derivative, in my opinion. It's not bad, but it doesn't jump out at me from the crowd of scantily clad female figures on sale.

For the money, it doesn't really justify its cost.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 10:35 AM   #3
Asgard
Deadman

Quite nice but nothing for my ladies collection.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 10:51 AM   #4
SDguy

She'd make a nice custom/conversion New52 Harley.

As is, not something I'd add to my ladies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1843dcbb1eb441e7702e2ccfda14d464.jpg
Views:	1124
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	150805  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 01:53 PM   #5
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
$999
Edition size: 60

It's a bit derivative, in my opinion. It's not bad, but it doesn't jump out at me from the crowd of scantily clad female figures on sale.

For the money, it doesn't really justify its cost.
Developers website MERC says ES 100.
The White Widow statue has ES of 100 also but is not on their own website, this one is.
Can't find any other info about this company, other than they have their own comic book line(s) and art posters. And the two mentioned statues are characters out of comics designed by artist Jamie Tyndall.

I've asked this through FB but no reply yet.

"Love the overall design and colors. Especially the double ponytail. Question is this the first statue you guys are producing? What stage is this in 3D render or 3d prototype already printed? Will final version be made in China like most statues or 3D print+paint in the USA? Thx a lot."
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 01:57 PM   #6
Halcyon
New Republic

Just found info about their Black and White statues on FB page from mr. Tyndall.

Quote;
This statue was designed by Jamie Tyndall one of the Creators of White Widow (comic) which is an Absolute Comics Property with a partnership from CBS labs. We are both extremely excited to present not only two awesome limited statues. But also the very first White Widow statues and Figures to ever be produced.

So there are three companies mentioned in this coop, MERC Publishing 2020 (Indianapolis USA), CBS labs (Rio de Janeiro) and Jamie Tyndall himself.
CBS labs does the 3d sculpting and the statues will be made in China.
Total Price: USD 999.00 Plus PayPal fees and shipping. -no refunds once ordered
(can choose 3 or 4 payments).

Old 06-19-2022, 02:30 PM   #7
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Just found info about their Black and White statues on FB page from mr. Tyndall.

Quote;
This statue was designed by Jamie Tyndall one of the Creators of White Widow (comic) which is an Absolute Comics Property with a partnership from CBS labs. We are both extremely excited to present not only two awesome limited statues. But also the very first White Widow statues and Figures to ever be produced.

So there are three companies mentioned in this coop, MERC Publishing, CBS labs and Jamie Tyndall himself.
CBS labs does the 3d sculpting and statues will be made in China.
They have a FB group with a pretty extensive history of what they have made and are making.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 02:40 PM   #8
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Sounds like another company being formed to try to milk the cash cow that is the statue hobby. Shame they've come at the wrong time. During a global recession and hyper inflation, churning out statues that stink of quality levels from the early 2000's.....is perhaps not a great idea.

Looking at the close up photos on Spec Fiction left me cold. This is a statue that falls firmly in the same arena as SideShows premium formats - but Sideshow wants $600 while these clowns think they've got a product worth double as much.....crazy speculation at best.

Probably made in the same Chinese factory as the Sideshow pieces - I see nothing here I would bother to add to my collection. Completely forgettable effort (IMHO)....as the OP said, they're not getting much attention, and that's exactly what this deserves.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 02:55 PM   #9
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Sounds like another company being formed to try to milk the cash cow that is the statue hobby. Shame they've come at the wrong time. During a global recession and hyper inflation, churning out statues that stink of quality levels from the early 2000's.....is perhaps not a great idea.
Thats why I searched through all their links, from one FB group to others. The MERC website wants 3 to 4 payments for the $999 and they state these statue are ready early next year, but we all know there are very long queuelines with Chinese factories atm. And above $350 I need some insurance paying to a new company.
Old 06-19-2022, 03:23 PM   #10
AC_808
Hercules

Nice design. The sculpt is well done. But that price is outrages. It's not a well known character either.

To me, that's a lot to ask for a new company with fairly new characters.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote