Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-06-2022, 06:17 AM   #21
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

1. Cheetah-she was the first one I had actual interest in before getting the rest. Attention to detail.

2. Wonder Woman missed the mark for me. Due to height. I still
Think she is beautiful one of the most beautiful WW I have ever seen. But the height of her stopped me from purchase.

3. Missed the mark-the only thing I can say-is the follow through with some characters that no other company takes chances on.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:52 AM   #22
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

1) SP line are mostly hits to me. Joker, Harley, Bud and Lou, Catwoman, Starfire, Donna Troy, Green Lantern, Superman redo (What company does that other than TH?), Darkseid, Batman (Both Versions), Batgirl, Shazam, Cheetah, Martian Manhunter and my favorite of all Mr Mxyzptlk. I love them all in varying degrees and look at them daily in my display. I hope TH continues to do characters not done over and over again in the future.

1.5 Poison Ivy, Amazing statue.

2.0 I am impressed by Flash, Superman, Joker Throne, John Stewart GL and Scarecrow. Have only ordered Flash and Superman, still thinking about getting John Stewart. Will be getting Krypto, and Aquaman to finish my SP JLA unless there is something off about him. LOL

Michelle Pfeiffer Catwomen. The 1:6 and 1:4 are both jewels in my collection.

Batman 66 were all great as well but I was only able to pick up Catwoman, Batgirl and Riddler.

Also as mentioned, Muddy DK Batman really stands out of the crowd. An absolute amazing statue.

2) Just missed the mark

A) SP Supergirl, Love the costume and sculpt but the big toothy smile let it down a bit. Would love to see a new version of her.

B) SP Wonder Woman, The neck seam really kills this one. It's so bad on one of the torsos I cannot even display it. Luckily it was not the torso I wanted to display. Otherwise a lovely sculpt.

C) 2.0 Poison Ivy variant, The skin is way too dark for me. But otherwise she looks great.

D) 2.0 Black Suit Superman should have had a bearded face option.

3) Total miss for me is SP Robin, He is way too buff next to Batman and doesn't feel right. And the base fiasco, I still haven't gotten the base I wanted to get, the church base. This is the only real black mark for me in regard to TH at this point.

I will have to agree with several others that the bases on the 2.0 lines are getting too tall.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:23 PM   #23
George Clark
Justice League

1. Darkseid - love this piece. If I had it in hand, Black Adam would be tied. Honorbale mention - the fact that TH did these in true 1/6 scale...that's all I collect so I am excited for almost everything TH has served up.

2. Shazam - own him, like him, but don't love him. Had he gotten the 2.0 treatment like Black Adam, would have been happy. Having said that, since there aren't any 1/6 Shazams out there other than TH - I will take what I can get.

3. More high powered villians. I know everyone here will want come after me with fire and pitchforks, but not a fan or collector of anything Batman. Think these are all execllent pieces, just don't collect them.
George Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:14 PM   #24
Gorgo!
Frackin!

1. Super Powers line :
Batgirl, Donna Troy and Wonder Woman - perfect sculpts, excellent paint jobs, beautiful statues to have in your collection. The MOTU line also deserves mention : it really looks promising.

2. Myths and Monsters line : would have liked this line to have been more myths than monsters.

3. Not a fail per se, but I'm often puzzled by what constitutes a special edition. For example : I would have bought the Cheetah statue if the regular edition didn't come with the swimming cap head. Could not get my hands on the SE - that one sold out fast. The head with the hair, which was no doubt more popular, should have been the regular edition.
Gorgo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:41 PM   #25
Lugnuts
Birdman

1) pretty much all of the new ones. I?ve only really seen the ones from the last year or so, but I own Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, Poison Ivy, TDKR Batman muddy version, and the recent Superman and I love all of them. The upcoming ones like Harley and Joker look phenomenal as well! My favorite so far is the Superman, it?s just so beautiful to look at.

2) Speaking of Superman, the paint on the belt is a tad bit sloppy. Nothing I can see from normal viewing distance but I can see it in my pictures (I take pictures outside so no paint miss can be?missed. Other than that nothing that I can think of now. Again I can only speak for the stuff I own.

3)No bearded portrait for Black Suit Superman, but since it?s a simple repaint you probably didn?t want to create a whole new head. I love all the stuff you have announced, but maybe I just wish you wouldn?t take so long to announce new stuff
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:20 PM   #26
Demona
Martian Manhunter

1) What do you think are Tweeterhead's most successful DC pieces?

I really think Tweeterhead is crushing it with the ladies. Catwoman, Starfire, Poison Ivy, Harley, MP Catwoman are all in my possession or soon will be once shipped. I passed on both
Wonder Woman pieces (explanation below). Whomever is working on those face sculpt - KEEP THEM! All the ladies have been beautiful.

I don't own Joker but think that piece is phenomenal. Also like the Muddy Batman variant.

2) What do you think are Tweeterhead's projects that JUST missed the mark? Almost there for yah, but that one thing (or two) just made it a slight missed opportunity for yah. Like "Everything was awesome but man that face, ughs!"

- Poison Ivy not having the sideways glance after production was so very disappointing. WHY did that change?! It made the piece. Harley has the crazy side-eye now and she better
not lost it in production. Also I don't love the variant's skin tone, so sadly I'm passing on her.

- Wonder Woman. First one was the horrible neck seam. Latest one was just too tall because of the base. Love the sculpt of her, the pose, and the weapons but that height is just too
much.

3) What do think are Tweeterhead's biggest flops or missed opportunities? All around just a miss for yah... for those of you more blunt, just the "FAIL!"s.

Flash. I mean, people were clamoring for him and it doesn't seem like the character was well received base on body type. Paint him whichever color, no matter what he seems to be
a fail.

I also think you're missing out on making Batman villains and Lantern corp members. Lots of people want sets. Or at least 3-4 in a grouping. If TH creates a fabulous Two Face or
more Green Lantern related peeps it couldn't be a bad thing.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:16 PM   #27
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Really love the DC Ladies from TH:

I?d love to see more DC ladies that have NEVER had any statue company make them. First up for me would be Nubia and Yara Flor! Big Barda and Giganta would be next.

Thanks for always checking with the fans. Really shows you are a quality company!
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:48 PM   #28
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

1). i think the first Blue Batman EX and Joker EX Super Powers are really special pieces. I was looking at them yesterday and i said to myself, "WOW these things are unbelievable." They are standout pieces because of simple down the middle art direction, coupled with quality sculpts and paints. These pieces look like new and improved 1:6 scale Bowens. Not too over the top, they're not trying to be too big, just perfectly balanced pieces at a manageable price point.

2). This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but i'm not crazy about the new Joker statue. I think it's crazy impressive and im sure many will consider it a top shelf piece in their collections. The slouched nutty sitting pose in the chair is just not for me. I think too much, Not the price. I think it’s trying to do too much. I'm sure many people love all the little "easter eggs" all over the base, but for me it falls in to that trap that most companies are falling into: the MORE is MORE trap. When everyone is constantly striving to do more with bases on top of bases, i just really appreciate and miss the simple Bowen-esque feel of the non-deluxe pieces. I really appreciate the less is more pieces these days. If a piece looks like an awesome garage kit sculpt with a simple base i get excited because we don't see too much of that anymore.

3). The biggest flop was the quick fizzling out of the Super Powers line. i was preparing myself and my shelves to have a nice run with this line. There seemed to be major disorganization with Robin. I was hoping to see the Batman Villains one after the other but they just never came. Then TF seemed to move on from the Super Powers line which left me a little annoyed because i thought you guys were really onto something.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 10:27 AM   #29
neo225
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

1) Everything I've seen or ordered in the SP 2.0 Line - Supes, Poison Ivy, Joker on Throne, Harley, etc.
Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman
I think the MOTU line is knocking it out of the park. I'm eyeing the He-Man & Battlecat statue as my next purchase.

2) Probably the Poison Ivy Variant. A bit too dark (color wise) for me to pull the trigger and get, seeing as I have the original.
The new Flash was a little too bulky for what I imagine him to be.
Other than that, the only reason I've passed on a statue is because it doesn't fit in with my collection.

3) No Flops that I can think of.
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:12 PM   #30
Igo
Producer
Producer

Thanks everyone who's participated!

Appreciate all the kind words about MOTU, just looking for DC specific feedback.

But again, thanks everyone. Ive read every single response, and unfortunately (fortunately?) Im neck-deep in SDCC prep otherwise Id response to people individually.

If anyone else has thoughts, please drop em here and I'll check em out when I can.

Hope to see some of you at the show!
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote