Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-04-2022, 09:12 AM   #1
Markhatestoys
Justice League

Now That Sideshow is Tweeterhead's Exclusive Distributor...

...does anyone think this will lead to changes in Tweeterhead's product line? Does Sideshow have any say in what Tweeterhead makes, and in what scale? At Sideshow's urging could Tweeterhead expand into other licenses, like Marvel? Just curious about what the future will bring.
Markhatestoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:06 AM   #2
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

From what I understand, the only say Sideshow has is regarding which pieces they offer in 1/4 scale as that is their license. I don't believe they have any power over what 1/6 DC or MOTU pieces they make.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:11 AM   #3
Parallax
Nightwing

Sideshow only sells and produces pieces in 1/4 if they want to. All of the creative decisions are Tweeterhead's.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 11:31 AM   #4
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

TH has always had a good connection with SSC and this deal will probably only make that relationship stronger. With that, TH has a lot more leverage with making 1/4 characters that SSC would usually keep a strong grip over their licenses. Think something in the realm of the BR Catwoman where they shared the license, but past that TH did all of the work. It's just another way TH sacrifices profit to make things they really want to produce and that fans want. It won't ever be perfect and everyone won't be pleased all of the time, but more potential is there.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:30 PM   #5
Augen
Metal Men

I doubt it, the only thing I could see is coordinating to not cannibalize each other. Now, they won't care with Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Joker, etc. type characters. However I could see if both have a Raven (or similar tier character) 1:4 in the pipeline maybe one holds off a couple years to space them out.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 12:47 PM   #6
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
TH has always had a good connection with SSC and this deal will probably only make that relationship stronger. With that, TH has a lot more leverage with making 1/4 characters that SSC would usually keep a strong grip over their licenses. Think something in the realm of the BR Catwoman where they shared the license, but past that TH did all of the work. It's just another way TH sacrifices profit to make things they really want to produce and that fans want. It won't ever be perfect and everyone won't be pleased all of the time, but more potential is there.
I agree, in particular with the highlighted parts above.

Let's just hope SS won't have the final word on everything TH is going to produce or wanna make.
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 02:20 PM   #7
Parallax
Nightwing

Fellas, Sideshow does not have a say in what Tweeterhead produces, only in what they make in 1/4 scale.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote