Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-04-2018, 03:54 PM   #261
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
personally im not a fan of bases with elements of other characters on it, limits the display possibilities, comes off as redundant and in some cases (doomsday) can make for a cluttered mess

this one is not bad as the tentacles pretty much ARE the base and as someone pointed out could even maybe be a sentry robot and not doc oc himself
I'm that way too, I'd rather have the base be themed after the character. Just a preference thing, I still think this base is very cool. Maybe there will be a Spidey PF for every rogue.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:42 PM   #262
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The more I look at this the more I think this would make a better symbiote suit statue.

1. The fact he is tearing a Doc Oc tentacle apart doesnt fit with peters persona I think of. He was more of an immobilizer, than a destroyer of any of villians (maybe that is the 90s animated show in me though)

2. Also he is tearing the tentacle apart with one hand and his foot, while have his attention elsewhere and focused on his next move. I could see peter having that strength with his symbiote suit, but not really in his regular form.

3. Purely aesthetic. I think his chest being so open and flexed, makes it perfect for showing off the white spider on his chest.

4. His camera on the base is the only thing that makes me think the original costume is better, becuase i dont remember him setting up his camera, while he was using his symbiote suit.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #263
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
2. Also he is tearing the tentacle apart with one hand and his foot, while have his attention elsewhere and focused on his next move. I could see peter having that strength with his symbiote suit, but not really in his regular form.
I don't remember Peter being any stronger with his symbiote suit. In the comics at least. (I wasn't interested in the animated series.) It 'just' created its own webbing and could morph into Peter's civvies.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:45 AM   #264
Peedi
The Secret Six

Sideshow’s modern take on costumes has been hit or miss but I guess because I already have 4 different classic suit Spideys in 1/4 I would’ve preferred slightly more risk with this costume than the few extra lines sideshow threw on it.

Figures the character I’d like to see more updated has the closest to traditional costume out of all the modern updates sideshow has done recently. Ever so slightly disappointed by this.

Anyway, here’s to classic suit 1/4 Spidey #5. I barely collect anymore but I’m in for this.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:51 AM   #265
Peedi
The Secret Six

I would like something different 1/4 Spideys though. Noir, PS4, MCU, a teenage 1960s Ditko version with the web pits, stealth costume, one of the modern Spidey armors...just something else exciting.

Also, classic Kraven and Hobgoblin would be cool, but sideshow’s Spidey foes typically leave me underwhelmed (Rhino is still my only).
Old 10-05-2018, 01:44 PM   #266
CBro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I want superior, give me superior sideshow
CBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:19 PM   #267
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBro View Post
You're going to get another Venom and Carnage PF instead.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 12:02 AM   #268
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBro View Post
I’d be down for that. Preferably the first costume.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:40 AM   #269
darren1228
Zot

If they make a Doc Oc as a companion piece wonder how they’ll design it. The four tentacles are already on Spidey’s base...unless you have 4 switch outs going into the ground it wouldn’t display well with this piece.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:51 AM   #270
Raziel85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
You're going to get another Venom and Carnage PF instead.
Yes of course.. another venom and carnage..but maquette now sure. Maybe we get a Black cat, green goblin and rhino too.

I dont like the art direction of sideshow. I hate sideshowficate statue. I Would like that sideshow listen the collector.

We want get the classic sinister six please. I hope that the first dr octopus be classic.
Raziel85 is offline   Reply With Quote