Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 04-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #61
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Wow! Your Spidey collection is definitely epic. I thought you had a Simpson dio coming in, any pics?
Hey rhy, sorry for the delay on the Simpsons dio pics, got distracted at work and completely slipped my mind.

Got it for the wife, and she doesn't want to take it out of the packaging so these are the best I could get:

Simpsons dio by Iron Studios

Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 05:06 AM   #62
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Hey rhy, sorry for the delay on the Simpsons dio pics, got distracted at work and completely slipped my mind.
No worries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Got it for the wife, and she doesn't want to take it out of the packaging so these are the best I could get:

Simpsons dio by Iron Studios

Wow, paint app looks flawless.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:19 AM   #63
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hey sharkey what other DBZ statues do you have? is it only those 2? I own literally over 100 DBZ statues I probobly have the biggest DBZ resin collection in the US.
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #64
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot117 View Post
Hey sharkey what other DBZ statues do you have? is it only those 2? I own literally over 100 DBZ statues I probobly have the biggest DBZ resin collection in the US.
I have a SSJ Goku and Frieza by Figure Arts Zero as well, but am planning on going after more of KVH and djfunksho's stuff this year or next.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:52 AM   #65
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

Iron Studios is a company from Brazil, do you guys know that? I'm proud to say so as a brazilian collector. They make excellent products.
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:36 PM   #66
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Freire View Post
Iron Studios is a company from Brazil, do you guys know that? I'm proud to say so as a brazilian collector. They make excellent products.
Yep! I have a friend down in Brazil that helps me get some of their stuff (thanks to rhy for introducing us). I am awaiting the arrival of their Spidey vs Venom dio right now, and eagerly awaiting their amazing Magneto this summer!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #67
Sharkey

My first Iron Studios piece!

Spiderman vs Venom dio:

Great art box:

Comes in 3 pieces:

Mine even came with the super rare one of a kind EX: 1:1 factory worker glove!

Love the work on Venom's mouth:

Old 05-23-2015, 11:41 AM   #68
Sharkey

Fantastic piece that is solidly constructed with great paint apps. My only complaint about it is the spiderman head, it is really off.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #69
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I remember seeing this when it was shown over on the Freaks board. You're right, Spider-Man's head sculpt can take some getting used to, but from the pictures, collectors can easily grow into liking it a lot.

Too many collectors out there think, "If it's not Sideshow then it's garbage." But it's cool to see other companies providing different takes on what they want Spider-Man to look like and this head sculpt reminds me of an old-school comic Spider-Man.

I personally think it's a pretty awesome vintage dio of the two characters. Congratulations, dude. Good pictures too.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:55 PM   #70
Sharkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I remember seeing this when it was shown over on the Freaks board. You're right, Spider-Man's head sculpt can take some getting used to, but from the pictures, collectors can easily grow into liking it a lot.

Too many collectors out there think, "If it's not Sideshow then it's garbage." But it's cool to see other companies providing different takes on what they want Spider-Man to look like and this head sculpt reminds me of an old-school comic Spider-Man.

I personally think it's a pretty awesome vintage dio of the two characters. Congratulations, dude. Good pictures too.
Yea, I am far from any company allegiance. If there is a cool spiderman that I can get that is not going to break the bank I will get it. I am not a huge fan of the old comics look, so i kinda just ignore the odd head shape because it doesn't take from the great detail and pose of the dio.