Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-15-2020, 12:38 AM   #21
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I didnt think about that...$700 might be out of question for this line.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 07:11 AM   #22
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I think they're starting with Beast.

Even though it will be Jim Lee I would be all about an Astonishing version!
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #23
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
It would be to great if IS starts with main characters such as Wolverine, Cyclops, Phoenix and STORM. 90's versions for all, as they appear to be the most popular era.
Storm Lover while I like how you think we can't always keep getting the same versions even if they are popular. It's boring to be honest because they all have many looks.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #24
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Storm Lover while I like how you think we can't always keep getting the same versions even if they are popular. It's boring to be honest because they all have many looks.
Good luck with trying to get him to understand that. He's stuck in one era and that's it.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #25
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I think they're starting with Beast.

Even though it will be Jim Lee I would be all about an Astonishing version!
I could do Astonishing
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:28 PM   #26
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Good luck with trying to get him to understand that. He's stuck in one era and that's it.
Very funny, and somewhat true. I love the Jim Lee era, but not stuck on it, as you can see with my other displays.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171126_094920.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	135329   Click image for larger version

Name:	DISPLAY 22.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	135330   Click image for larger version

Name:	DISPLAY 20.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	135331  
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 02:54 PM   #27
Thor57
Teen Titans

I’m not into comic statues anymore, but when I was I always felt 90’s X-Factor and X-Force were under utilized. I get why, they won’t sell as well as Wolverine and Deadpool over and over, but a 90’s frat boy Havok, an OG Mojo world Shatterstar, Warpath, Polaris, some solid pieces there.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:51 PM   #28
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Watch them start with Maggot.
LOL, well to be honest , I would not say no to Maggott based on the art of Joe Madureira.
I have always like Joe's art and thought Maggott was actually pretty cool:

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 03:55 PM   #29
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
Very funny, and somewhat true. I love the Jim Lee era, but not stuck on it, as you can see with my other displays.
Nice collection. If any company expands their horizons and offers either 1/4 Astonishing or Classic X-MEN statues, they'll get my money. I'm not opposed to Lee pieces being made. I'm opposed to them constantly being regurgitated while ignoring other popular eras of the X-MEN. As much as I love Byrne's run on the X-MEN, I wouldn't want those being the only era of X-MEN statues getting released. Why would I want three 1/4 Byrne Cyclops statues made? I'm not going to buy all 3. I'd rather there be a choice of a 1/4 Byrne, Lee, or Cassaday Cyclops statues instead.

The only time I can understand a re-release in the same era is if a prior release just didn't look right. As I've said before, the OG Rogue PF never impressed me. The recent sideshow Rogue is nothing short of breathtaking. IMO, lightyears better than the OG. I get why sideshow released it. That said, I would want a classic or Savage Land Rogue for sideshow's next Rogue PF. I certainly wouldn't want the next Rogue PF to be a Lee PF. I'd much rather have characters in a variety of different costumes.

Saying all this, I'm fully aware that certain versions of characters sell well and will get revisits. I get that they're popular and will sell so companies will continue to release them. However, imagine every Wolverine statue released was in his classic costume because that's his most popular. That would mean no retro, brown, X-Force, or Astonishing version of the character. No Logan or Weapon X versions either. He simply has to be in his classic yellow and blue costume because it's his most popular and it sells the best. That thinking would leave a lot of other Wolverine fans out in the cold.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 04:22 PM   #30
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Nice collection. If any company expands their horizons and offers either 1/4 Astonishing or Classic X-MEN statues, they'll get my money. I'm not opposed to Lee pieces being made. I'm opposed to them constantly being regurgitated while ignoring other popular eras of the X-MEN. As much as I love Byrne's run on the X-MEN, I wouldn't want those being the only era of X-MEN statues getting released. Why would I want three 1/4 Byrne Cyclops statues made? I'm not going to buy all 3. I'd rather there be a choice of a 1/4 Byrne, Lee, or Cassaday Cyclops statues instead.

The only time I can understand a re-release in the same era is if a prior release just didn't look right. As I've said before, the OG Rogue PF never impressed me. The recent sideshow Rogue is nothing short of breathtaking. IMO, lightyears better than the OG. I get why sideshow released it. That said, I would want a classic or Savage Land Rogue for sideshow's next Rogue PF. I certainly wouldn't want the next Rogue PF to be a Lee PF. I'd much rather have characters in a variety of different costumes.

Saying all this, I'm fully aware that certain versions of characters sell well and will get revisits. I get that they're popular and will sell so companies will continue to release them. However, imagine every Wolverine statue released was in his classic costume because that's his most popular. That would mean no retro, brown, X-Force, or Astonishing version of the character. No Logan or Weapon X versions either. He simply has to be in his classic yellow and blue costume because it's his most popular and it sells the best. That thinking would leave a lot of other Wolverine fans out in the cold.
My ideal artist/costume lineup would be a total mishmash of eras, but that Rogue PF is definitely on there. I thought I would like a Lee Cyclops, but none of the recent ones worked for me for some reason. I would strongly consider a Cassaday. A Bachalo Rogue would be cool too. So long as they don't do the swimsuit special ones...
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote