Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 02-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #11
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
If Randy would come back and start up Marvel again and Chad on DC that would be a win/win for many of us smaller scale collectors.

If this happens ...TH continues to sculpt classic DC characters as nice as Supes 2.0 and Bowen does classic Marvel characters as nice as back in the day ...then I may just concentrate on my 1/6 scale collection.

And I'd pick up a 1/4 scale DC or Marvel statue I really like every now and then.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:36 PM   #12
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
If this happens ...TH continues to sculpt classic DC characters as nice as Supes 2.0 and Bowen does classic Marvel characters as nice as back in the day ...then I may just concentrate on my 1/6 scale collection.

And I'd pick up a 1/4 scale DC or Marvel statue I really like every now and then.
I've been thinking about some of the new Marvel 1/4's from Sideshow, but I just don't think I can make the space work in the near future. And the character list wouldn't be small since I mostly like Marvel villains. I'd be way more likely to pick up Dr. Doom, Bullseye, Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Carnage, Scorpion, Winter Soldier, etc. in 1/6 than in 1/4. We'll see how strong my resolve is once the new Sideshow Doom is revealed.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:59 PM   #13
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
I've been thinking about some of the new Marvel 1/4's from Sideshow, but I just don't think I can make the space work in the near future. And the character list wouldn't be small since I mostly like Marvel villains. I'd be way more likely to pick up Dr. Doom, Bullseye, Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Carnage, Scorpion, Winter Soldier, etc. in 1/6 than in 1/4. We'll see how strong my resolve is once the new Sideshow Doom is revealed.
This was my thought process when I decided to buy almost all my Bowens in the second hand market. There were just too many characters from the X-men universe that I wanted. It made 1/4 scale physically impossible.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 07:25 PM   #14
stevo84
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yea I think they should stick with DC keep their focus on that.
stevo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:56 PM   #15
JerrySmith
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo84 View Post
Yea I think they should stick with DC keep their focus on that.
I generally agree, but I'd love to see a Tweeterhead Spider-Man. But due to the company having to make money (which, as a capitalist, I fully support!), it looks like we're going to get endless Bat/Super/Wonder over and over from TH. This is disappointing, as they started out so promisingly. The promise of "doing DC" got my hopes up, but that idea seems to be gone. I suppose if the demand isn't there, it isn't there. I was so close to a Hawkman!
JerrySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 05:49 PM   #16
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySmith View Post
I generally agree, but I'd love to see a Tweeterhead Spider-Man. But due to the company having to make money (which, as a capitalist, I fully support!), it looks like we're going to get endless Bat/Super/Wonder over and over from TH. This is disappointing, as they started out so promisingly. The promise of "doing DC" got my hopes up, but that idea seems to be gone. I suppose if the demand isn't there, it isn't there. I was so close to a Hawkman!
Well I still have hope that we will see other characters -B and maybe some C level ones from Tweeterhead. Now I’m not expecting the inferior five or some very random characters but I do think that we will see definitely some B level and a few C levels

I think it is like how nearmint said in his review of the superman statue that if we want to see these other characters then to buy from Tweeterhead directly is the best way to see that happen
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:20 AM   #17
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Chad has said several times on his live shows that while he loves Marvel, he doesn't have the passion for it as he does for DC. So, given the fact they are a small company and there are many DC characters he wants to create plus his TV licenses, he has no interest in pursuing the Marvel license.

I only know this because I asked him during the live threads because I wish he would do Marvel I'm a Marvel girl at heart.

Like others have said, him pairing up with Randy and Randy doing Marvel would be a dream come true.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:31 AM   #18
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yup, Chad has specifically said he has no interest in doing Marvel. As such I certainly don't want him working on something that he doesn't have passion for....
I wonder what divides people between DC and Marvel?
Personally i like characters from both Universes.

Batman (and Robin) was the first superhero to catch my attention. Spider-Man was my 2nd.
Hulk possibly came in 3rd, all thanks to the live action TV series. Superman came in 4th
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:54 AM   #19
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Too bad. I bet Chad and TH could make an awesome Marvel Girl in her classic/retro costume.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:07 AM   #20
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The green dress? That design was quite fetching on Jean. Bowen has a stunning statue out there and it comes up for sale through eBay and stuff. Keep an eye out for it.

I just want somebody to come back to the 1:6 market and give me a new batch of the classics - Ms Marvel (the black unitard Danvers), Black Cat (modern and classic), Storm (modern mohawk, current suit, full body Asgardian), Dark Phoenix, Psylocke, and Grey suit Black Widow. Those are what I'd buy, but I'd love to see more made that could tempt me
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote