Justice League

Need Hela to go with Thanos.
Mr.Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:57 PM   #5552
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
To be fair, I was following Jims lead... He was the first one goofing off making faces and flashing gang signs, it would have been rude of me not to follow suit... these 3 images didnt capture him in that moment though, but I assure you, I was not alone in the antics of "Here's my Infinity Gauntlet pose!" Will is incredibly boring though, he'd never break "Im Will Harbottle and Im a dad now" character even if you paid him.
LOL
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:40 PM   #5553
phireplugg
Doh!

The Thanos print is up on Ebay...too rich for my blood.
phireplugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:17 AM   #5554
AC_808
Hercules

Statues are too expensive to be spending money on prints. I need to concentrate only on statues.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #5555
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Statues are too expensive to be spending money on prints. I need to concentrate only on statues.
Exactly. Besides, in the old days, the prints came with the statue. Now, SSC asks you to buy them.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #5556
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Exactly. Besides, in the old days, the prints came with the statue. Now, SSC asks you to buy them.
There were a few, but the majority of the old prints were the EX and did not include anything besides the print.

Examples:

All of the Adam Hughes comiquettes
Spidey/Carnage/Venom comiquettes
Jessica Rabbit PF
Mark Brooks comiquettes

The only ones I can think of that came with a free print were the Rogue and Gambit PFs.

Last edited by NorthernLadMSP; 04-27-2017 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Added another example
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #5557
castro
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
There were a few, but the majority of the old prints were the EX and did not include anything besides the print.

Examples:

Jessica Rabbit PF

The only ones I can think of that came with a free print were the Rogue and Gambit PFs.
Storm PF and comiquette, Cyclops PF, Angel Comiquette, Beast comiquette, Nightcrawler Comiquette, Colossus PF, Psylocke comiquette and some others.

I totally agree with this argument, "in the old days, the prints came with the statue. Now, SSC asks you to buy them".
castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:52 AM   #5558
adee
Green Arrow

Weren't the prints the EX though? Personally I'd much rather have an extra part for an EX than a print.

Edit: I should have read Northern's post first
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:12 PM   #5559
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by castro View Post
Storm PF and comiquette, Cyclops PF, Angel Comiquette, Beast comiquette, Nightcrawler Comiquette, Colossus PF, Psylocke comiquette and some others.

I totally agree with this argument, "in the old days, the prints came with the statue. Now, SSC asks you to buy them".
Ah I didn't remember those. I have EX Storm and a regular Colossus PF, but never got any of the others.

So, I guess it used to be more a 50/50 in terms of the print being a true extra vs it being the EX.

The one thing that is certain, is that the free prints that came in the statues (either as the EX or just an extra) are no where near the quality of the prints they are selling today. They were much smaller and on a much cheaper quality paper (more like card stock or poster board).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:04 PM   #5560
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

Examples:

Jessica Rabbit PF
Mark Brooks comiquettes

Skaar came with a print as well and an ax. It was a great EX. Punisher COM included a print too. There are probably more but the 2 I mentioned were the only ones that jumped out in my mind. IIRC, the Surfer and DD COM included prints. So, it was more of a common practice in the past. Nowadays, SSC is making sure we pay to play if we want a print.

I don't want to start an XM vs SSC flame war but I do love how XM gives collectors switch out parts and a print with every statue. With what SSC is charging nowadays for a PF, I don't think it's too much to ask SSC to include a print with a statue instead of charging us separately for one.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote