Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-28-2017, 07:33 AM   #261
Gatestar
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Just got a call from a guy at FedEx. He rang to confirm the total i actually paid as SS had the total value and the actual amount I paid. I also said to him while he was on the phone that the taric code meant i should only be paying 13.5% VAT and he checked and said yes you are right so that dropped the amount down substantially which meant that they pay the amount and bill me later. Otherwise I would have had to have paid the full amount with CC before delivery. Result.
This is what is really annoying, UPS are saying that 9703 does not apply to Sideshow yet FedEx are saying yes it does.

I am not sure how we get a definitive answer.
Gatestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:55 AM   #262
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatestar View Post
This is what is really annoying, UPS are saying that 9703 does not apply to Sideshow yet FedEx are saying yes it does.

I am not sure how we get a definitive answer.
As far as the UK is concerned, the code means nothing. Import charges are based on the value of the item.

I did attempt to claim back a percentage. After much form filling and time wasting received a letter stating it would take 6 weeks to look into, followed by another letter which required more info. Info related to paper work covering historic value, presumably for old collectibles, which does not cover SideShow statues.

I did speak to a female at FedEx who stated that SideShow statues were once covered by the 5% import duty code. This cover was dropped some time ago. 20% is the standard amount to pay.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:40 AM   #263
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

After waiting patiently for a few months I've just received a cheque from HM Revenue & Customs for £81.84.

Only information provided was 'DUTY/VAT REPAYMENT' so must relate to my Red Sonja bill.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #264
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectorcol View Post
After waiting patiently for a few months I've just received a cheque from HM Revenue & Customs for £81.84.

Only information provided was 'DUTY/VAT REPAYMENT' so must relate to my Red Sonja bill.

Had you over-payed? Or does this refund mean you ended up paying 5%?
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:04 AM   #265
Collectorcol
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Disputed the code. Initially charged £102 so this is a huge difference.
Collectorcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:12 AM   #266
Python
Omega Red

Oh that's good then, it pays to ask sometimes!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:34 PM   #267
jfyahui
Death is hereditary.

Hi guys,good news,after refusing to pay the vat for Jason,and modern batman(this was long ago,)
I just got a new invoice with a refund for £140 for the total,I ended up paying £28,50 for each...so my advice,don't pay the vat if it's the wrong code,call,and email them,good luck!(ukinvoicequery@fedex.com)
03456070809(tel)
jfyahui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:05 PM   #268
sparda
The Avengers

Any recent deliveries to BE using FedEx by anyone? Trying to figure out if they respect the 9703, as DHL seems to have been sanctioned.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #269
dmoff
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hi, is there anyone from the UK with recent experience of paying customs / VAT duties when ordering from Sideshow?

I have recently been using DHL as my preferred carrier and was happy with the amounts I was getting charged however they seem to have shot up.

As an example, last month I received the Okoye 1/10 Iron Studios piece and paid only £4.52 on it. This month, Sideshow dispatched Black Panther from the same range and around the same price and the charges for that are apparently £33!!!

I assume its because DHL had been honoring the 9703 code and are now no longer doing so. Does anyone know from recent experience if any of the usual carriers (Fedex, UPS, etc) are still honoring 9703 and giving reasonable charges?
dmoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:08 PM   #270
Faceless_one
Birdman

I´ve got a letter from the german customs telling me that the code for 4 PCS pieces were wrong… so I have to pay about 520€ more because the german custom changed it...
Faceless_one is offline   Reply With Quote