Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-20-2017, 12:50 PM   #1641
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Im not sure.
The gold/yellow difference is a bit jarring to me but if it's accurate to her usual portrayals and as EnShinNoi pointed out the leggings are supposed to be separate costume elements than the top then maybe it's how it should be?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #1642
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Not sure I'll pick up any of the Chun Li statues. Lord knows my space and funds are reaching their limit! I will say they're shaping up to be amazing statues.

On the yellow/gold debate... I kinda like having both. It gives the impression of 2 separate articles of clothing, each with their own contrast. As opposed to the same yellow or gold in both. But also not so different as they don't go well together.

It's a tough choice, but that's my 2 cents.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #1643
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Is there any source art of her where the colors look different? Pretty much everything I've seen, the yellow/gold areas look the same throughout both pieces of clothing. It's either yellow or it's gold. IMHO, it looks better consistent.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #1644
qz33
Doctor Doom

Either way as unpopular as it may be to say I have 0 faith in any Chinese factory imitating something on this high a level and any deviations will not be something I can accept for the money.

I mean we're all letting this superior tailoring get stuck in our minds but what will show up is in question.

The edging and stripes look great but who knows if the factory will even match the shades, the widths, thickness, etc., etc.
Contrasting yellow and golds may look good here but be something totally different in production.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:37 PM   #1645
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

The way it is now looks great for the color.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #1646
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

In all the official Alpha concept art the stripes are the same color. Looks like it could be different for the in game sprite, but hard to tell. But I do like the two tone look. If they were to be the same, have you thought about maybe changing the pant stripes to be gold as well? I think the gold looks better overall, more depth.

ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:41 PM   #1647
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Is this the alpha version? Would be cool to get a long hair coh with this.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #1648
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Is this the alpha version? Would be cool to get a long hair coh with this.
This is the Alpha version. We don't know about coh, but the battle costume will have the long hair.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #1649
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Either way as unpopular as it may be to say I have 0 faith in any Chinese factory imitating something on this high a level and any deviations will not be something I can accept for the money.

I mean we're all letting this superior tailoring get stuck in our minds but what will show up is in question.

The edging and stripes look great but who knows if the factory will even match the shades, the widths, thickness, etc., etc.
Contrasting yellow and golds may look good here but be something totally different in production.
I agree. While the yellow and gold look great on this proto I think it wiser to hold into account the factory capabilities. Considering recent events personaly I would go with a downtoned easier to replicate proto and have a production piece closer resembling it than a intricatly detailed proto and an in comparisson let down production piece. So my vote would go to same color.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #1650
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

The unitard and athletic shoes indicate a less formal appearance (as opposed to the qipao). I believe a matte (and matching) shade of yellow for the vest is better/more consistent with that. Shinier fabric appears more dress-like, or formal to me.

In addition, sprites and artwork usually show a yellow of the same shade (indicating they are identical), whereas it could have been depicted differently (like the blue clearly is).

I also think the yellow used should be just a hair closer to a goldenrod shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
No. in fact its the opposite. The top is always a different color trim than the leggings.
I'm trying to find some evidence supporting that, but I'm not seeing it. What reference materials are you referring to?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote