Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #11
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The way I look at this is DP is RR baby. It's his vision of the character that everyone loved in the last movie. While Miller has to be given credit RR is the driving force behind this franchise.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:27 PM   #12
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
The way I look at this is DP is RR baby. It's his vision of the character that everyone loved in the last movie. While Miller has to be given credit RR is the driving force behind this franchise.
Very valid. This fact I forgot and it is reassuring.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 09:30 PM   #13
Vracula
Jedi Order

DP is useless without RR. Give him what he wants ,he has fighting tooth and nail for this movie for how many years? #teamreynolds
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 10:52 PM   #14
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Completely agree. It's unfortunate they won't be collaborating any longer considering what they achieved together, but this movie wouldn't exist without Ryan Reynolds. I say he's earned the keys to this franchise.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:44 AM   #15
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

At this point it's natural for fans to pick sides and Reynolds embodies the character through and through. There is no other actor we can imagine who would do the character justice the way RR did.

And the sequel will happen without Tim Miller, whether it works tonally needs to the seen. Sequels perform better when the audience is given something new while retaining its familiarity, it's a tough balancing act.

If Miller was trying to explore the character in new ways and Reynolds wanted it to be the same, it might work for some while it will feel like a retread for others.

I was bummed out when Edgar Wright left Ant-Man, but Peyton Reed did a fantastic job and it was one of my favourite movies of 2015. So I hope the new director succeeds in the same way.

Though some acknowledge Miller's contribution, Umberto's and these other tweets are right that some fans are too quick to dismiss Miller's crucial role in the first film.

Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:45 AM   #16
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Double post
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:19 PM   #17
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
At this point it's natural for fans to pick sides and Reynolds embodies the character through and through. There is no other actor we can imagine who would do the character justice the way RR did.

And the sequel will happen without Tim Miller, whether it works tonally needs to the seen. Sequels perform better when the audience is given something new while retaining its familiarity, it's a tough balancing act.

If Miller was trying to explore the character in new ways and Reynolds wanted it to be the same, it might work for some while it will feel like a retread for others.

I was bummed out when Edgar Wright left Ant-Man, but Peyton Reed did a fantastic job and it was one of my favourite movies of 2015. So I hope the new director succeeds in the same way.

Though some acknowledge Miller's contribution, Umberto's and these other tweets are right that some fans are too quick to dismiss Miller's crucial role in the first film.

I agree with all of this. Also Deadpool would have never seen the light of day, or at least the fully realized version we saw, had Miller not done a bunch of the special effects work pro bono.

DP was a passion project for both parties and ultimately it is a detriment that they parted ways. Given their journey together, I honestly shudder at how great the conflict was to drive them apart.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #18
Vracula
Jedi Order

I agree must have been preety messy. Considering how big of a sucess it was u wpuld think that would actually bring them closer. But no friendships survive money and lawyers.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:24 PM   #19
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Sam Raimi or Kevin Smith as directors
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #20
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Disappointed to hear this. Thought the director did a fantastic job. Hopefully the second will be on par and looking forward to seeing who's playing cable
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote