Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 12-03-2017, 04:54 PM   #211
Overmind
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I can't even get an unfinished one that I paid for at the beginning of this year.
Have you asked them about it? What did they say?
Overmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:54 AM   #212
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
Daaang. Didn’t realize this company had such a reputation. Maybe I’ll just steer clear altogether. If this keeps up, their statues won’t hold long term value anyway. :/

Guess this may free up funds to make an easier decision regarding a Prime1 Batman. Lol
That would be a real bad decision..Prime 1 batmans look like big cheap plastics toys..I seen better Batmans in Kmart selling for $50
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:14 AM   #213
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overmind View Post
Have you asked them about it? What did they say?
First it was bs about not having a big enough pressure pot. Then it was more bs about having to remold.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 10:27 AM   #214
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
First it was bs about not having a big enough pressure pot. Then it was more bs about having to remold.
...then even more BS when they keep silent and ignore people that paid off or paid deposits on this.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #215
DrJ
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
That would be a real bad decision..Prime 1 batmans look like big cheap plastics toys..I seen better Batmans in Kmart selling for $50
For serious? All the online pics, even by customers, all look amazing and pretty life-like. The only thing for me is I’m not sure how much I like mixed media representations. Like, dolls kinda creeep me out. Statues, nope. I don’t want the mixed media to make an awesome statue out to look like a doll. Lol

I take it your opinion is ARH is the best in the business? I mean, from pics, I love almost everything they’ve made. Would still love an Eve, but until I see one from someone with it in hand, I’ll pass for now. Arhian Forever, Poseidon and Medusa Victorious all look absolutely incredible and would love to have them in my collection. But, if not, it’s just more money for Batman. Even if not Prime 1.
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:01 PM   #216
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
For serious? All the online pics, even by customers, all look amazing and pretty life-like. The only thing for me is I’m not sure how much I like mixed media representations. Like, dolls kinda creeep me out. Statues, nope. I don’t want the mixed media to make an awesome statue out to look like a doll. Lol

I take it your opinion is ARH is the best in the business? I mean, from pics, I love almost everything they’ve made. Would still love an Eve, but until I see one from someone with it in hand, I’ll pass for now. Arhian Forever, Poseidon and Medusa Victorious all look absolutely incredible and would love to have them in my collection. But, if not, it’s just more money for Batman. Even if not Prime 1.
There was a whole thread dedicated to asking if P1 statues look like toys. The majority opinion was 'no' and the original poster bought the Harley Quinn and claimed it was their best female statue, although theirs had some unusual QC issues that Sideshow took care of for them.

The translucent resin used for the skin effect can definitely look toyish in smaller scales that lack texture or intrinsic paint detail (which gives the redness to knuckles on the hands or blush on the faces.) But P1 statues are huge and detail is forte--which makes me appreciate their Justice League movie statues despite thinking the costumes are busy--so I don't see that issue with their pieces.

I own Arhian II. The skin has a nice airbrushed quality to it. It's stylized like a comic character should look without being flat (Sideshow's Cheetah also did a great job capturing that this year) and the heavy handedness works well for conveying the leather and fur textures on her outfit.

Overall I like it but there are couple areas, like the face and hair, that look really rough due to the flat paint used for the eyes (something that P1 is second maybe only to Hot Toys for making look lifelike) and the "solid" look of the hair. I also dislike the gore effects, which have a budget cinema look to them (which I think is a more fair comparison to a K-Mart figure, as McFarlane does do them better.)

Either way, both are two entirely different approaches, both of which I can appreciate in-hand, although I don't think Prime 1 statues photograph well unless under the natural light the replicates how you would see them in real life. With ARH, what you see in photos seems to be what you get, but I admit to not liking Eve's head sculpt/paint for the reasons mentioned above for Arhian. Her hair looks tree-like to me, but the snake looks awesome as ARH's Medusas usually do.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #217
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:

Yes I am serious! That is my opinion and I have seen them in person. I am not depending on peoples photos and reviews.. They are way over priced and look like big cheap plastic toys..

Yes in my opinion ARH makes the best statues in terms of what I collect..which is mostly Mythology..nothing comes close to the epic statues ARH makes! ARH blows every company out of the water.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #218
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
...ARH blows every company out of the water.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:42 PM   #219
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Why you laughing? I challenge you to find a better 1/4 scale statues and more epic than ARH releases of the following Mythology and Historical pieces..

Medusa
THOR
Minotaur
Athena
ARES
Poseidon
Hercules
Leonidas
Achilles
Alexander the Great

I rest my case
Old 12-07-2017, 10:29 PM   #220
clutch
Sailor Moon

They blow everyone away in that arena because they have no competition.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote