Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-05-2018, 09:26 PM   #891
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I tried to convince myself I like it, and make excuses to myself to buy it. But I've decided I still don't love it. The portraits don't look feminine enough for me, or it's just the sculpt-art direction I don't like. The pose is so-so. At these prices and premium space available. I decided if I don't love it 100% it will be a pass. The line will never be complete now. But money saved!
It doesn't matter. Sideshow doesn't complete any of its Marvel lines. Lee X-MEN PFs line, Avengers PFs line, X-MEN COMs line, Spidey line, and the Fantastic Four PF line have all been abandoned. This one will be abandoned as well. It's only a matter of time.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 12:48 AM   #892
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
It doesn't matter. Sideshow doesn't complete any of its Marvel lines. Lee X-MEN PFs line, Avengers PFs line, X-MEN COMs line, Spidey line, and the Fantastic Four PF line have all been abandoned. This one will be abandoned as well. It's only a matter of time.
Seems you were right, I remember you said this awhile back, not that i mind the spiderman reboot though, seems they dropped motu as well, not marvel but a dropped line non the less. I think they'll go a bit further wth xmen maybe another 5.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:09 AM   #893
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Yup! They look awesome either way! I know X-23 is meant to be displayed with Wolvie, but I cannot get over how great these two look.

I like it, only wish mystique had the guns she has in the print.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:21 AM   #894
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
I like it, only wish mystique had the guns she has in the print.
Only wish Mystique was the Mystique in the print.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:52 AM   #895
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I've really grown to love this piece to the point where my only complaint on it is the circlet on her head should be gold. But, that is probably an easy fix.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #896
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
If only SS had made the guns realistic or made the EX claws for both hands than i would've bought theirs.
These guys get it.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:59 PM   #897
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I really like her skintone here and her facial expression, that smirk while walking towards you is just menacing. Mystique is just one classy villain and I believe SS managed to capture her perfectly.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 12:09 AM   #898
supermn619
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I really like her skintone here and her facial expression, that smirk while walking towards you is just menacing. Mystique is just one classy villain and I believe SS managed to capture her perfectly.
Agree!
supermn619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:52 AM   #899
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
They nailed that part, i especially love the sculpt of the fabric wrapping around the form of her arms and body and wrinkling in the boots.
Old 11-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #900
chrismhk
Luke Cage

It's surprising how much this statue grows on you. I ended up caving in and preordering this. I love the attitude and grace this Mystique statue has and shows. I also initially didn't like her skin tone much but somehow I have grown to really love it. Ex ended up being not too bad (I still would have preferred alternate head sculpt tho) since I will be getting X-23 as well.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote