Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-15-2018, 01:25 PM   #10421
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Interesting. Now, weren't there some people that were screaming that it was truly waitlisted/sold out? Where they now?
I don't recall screaming, just cut and pasting a chat I had with customer service.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #10422
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I don't recall screaming, just cut and pasting a chat I had with customer service.
I didn't single you out, now did I? And it was a figure of speech, not a literal statement.

But, this brings up a good point. If, in fact, another batch is coming in (we don't know for sure) this is a good example of why you can't always trust what a company tells you. Not that they were necessarily being dishonest, but maybe said customer service reps just didn't know.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:53 PM   #10423
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Another batch of ToT coming out. Lots of conversions for this one now that they have enough people show interest by being on the WL.
You're saying another batch was produced? How do we know that?
Old 10-15-2018, 02:20 PM   #10424
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I really don't think anyone should assume a statue is "sold out" until it's completely removed from the product listings. As long as it's up on the page (waitlist or otherwise) you've got a chance to get one.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #10425
hofmanjc
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I really don't think anyone should assume a statue is "sold out" until it's completely removed from the product listings. As long as it's up on the page (waitlist or otherwise) you've got a chance to get one.
Absolutely, I had a waitlist conversion for the iron studios vader after 9 months. I thought it'd be a return for sure but when I got it everything looked great including the shipping box. It didn't have any previous shipping labels or tore up areas where one was removed.
hofmanjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:01 PM   #10426
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Haven't both versions been archived for a while now?
Old 10-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #10427
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
You're saying another batch was produced? How do we know that?
I can't say 100% sure that it's another batch but it has all the makings of another batch just like The Amazing Spider-Man just got another batch made within the past month or two. The Amazing Spider-Man was on WL for the longest time and now it's back to pre-order/buy it now. There are a good amount of people on FB and some here saying their WL just converted for this piece all in the same time frame. I already have a ToT EX but I heard people getting in on the WL for the regular version so I got on the WL on August 20th as a test to see what would happen. At the time, my chances were "good" that I would get one when I looked at my order details. My WL just converted for this piece at the same time as all these other collectors as well. I've already cancelled the WL conversion but it's very interesting how all of these conversions are happening at almost the same time.

Here's The Amazing Spider-Man that's back up for PO (it was previously "archived" as well with the option to get on the Waitlist: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...tibles-300201/

Right now the Thanos on Throne is on Waitlist: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...tibles-300434/

Only way to really tell if it's truly another batch though is if it somehow goes back up for PO or Buy It Now status down the road.

Update: Just for the heck of it, I decided to get on the WL AGAIN for Thanos on Throne and my order details say my chances of converting are "good". Seems like another batch to me if I can get on the WL for ToT today and have a "good" chance of getting it.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:51 PM   #10428
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post

Right now the Thanos on Throne is on Waitlist: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...tibles-300434/
Strange that it's on waitlist in the archive, though. If it's a new batch, they'd sell a lot more if the product page came up in a regular search of the website rather than the archive.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:00 PM   #10429
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Strange that it's on waitlist in the archive, though. If it's a new batch, they'd sell a lot more if the product page came up in a regular search of the website rather than the archive.
Yeah for sure. The Amazing Spider-Man was like that too where you could only find it in the Archive section of Sideshow's website but you could still do a Waitlist order on it. I actually put in a Waitlist order for Spider-Man in June of this year with little hope that it would convert since the piece has been out for awhile now. I don't have a red/blue Spider-Man and I've always wanted one in my collection and the Amazing Spider-Man PF was/is fantastic imo. Then out of the blue in August, I got an email from Sideshow saying it was converting much to my surprise. For a little period after August, it actually had the "Buy now" button and it showed up outside the archive again. Now it's back up for PO.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:49 PM   #10430
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Haven't both versions been archived for a while now?
I haven't seen the EX version on their Marvel "shop" page but I've definitely seen the REG version on there plenty, whether it's come and gone I guess I can't say but I know in my personal scanning of that page I've seen it there on Waitlist a lot, just like it is now.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote