Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-05-2017, 11:07 AM   #1
Gothamite
Phoenix

Discount Comic Book Service Preorders

https://www.dcbservice.com/statues/dc-direct/5a

--------------------------------------------------

They frequently have the best preorder prices.

2017-12-05

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:38 PM   #2
Gothamite
Phoenix

2018-01-06

Some older items are being re-solicited.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Here's my issue with DCBS, you can not cancel a pre-order with them. They told me they "don't allow cancellations".
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:39 AM   #4
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Yeah, with them they base their purchasing off the exact number of people that PO them, so they don't allow true cancelations. You can get credit for some things, and if something is resolicted or canceled you have no issues getting your money/credit back from them.

We love them, and do 99% of our ordering with them. My only qualm is that since they've moved their shipping distribution center from one state to another, we've had damaged items and delays in shipments going out. I'm really hoping they straighten those out as their new place gets up and running more smoothly.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #5
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Yeah, with them they base their purchasing off the exact number of people that PO them, so they don't allow true cancelations. You can get credit for some things, and if something is resolicted or canceled you have no issues getting your money/credit back from them.
Yeah - they may also cancel and charge a 20% fee.

Given their prices, it's not horrible to just sell something you changed your mind about on Ebay, although I guess it depends on what it is. I have been able to get most or all of my money back by immediately listing something once I get it if I either don't like it or changed my mind.

Of course, one of those was the Quitely Batman B&W... should've held on to that one.

I'll probably end up doing the same thing with the Mignola Designer Batman. Can't cancel, so I'll end up just hoping I can get most of my money back on Ebay. At the time I ordered it, I was planning on getting most/all of the individual Designer releases, but I think I'm going to dump them and stick to Tweeterhead.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:21 PM   #6
Madcougar92
Fantastic Four

Never had a problem with DCBS. Used them for years and never got a damaged book or statue. Basically stopped using them when I found a LCBS I liked.
Madcougar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:03 PM   #7
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I will never use DCBS again. They canceled an order of mine once and still charged me a restock fee for a statue that hadn't even come out yet. I know many collectors like them, but I will NEVER use them again.

I was using a LCBS, but they kept messing up my pull list, so I went back to Midtown comics. Betwen them and Mycomicshop otherwise known as lonestar and an occasional order from Mile High Comics, I am pretty well covered.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #8
FJC
Midnighter

Used DCBS to buy numerous DC direct/collectible pieces and have been very pleased with my all of them. 32% off and a flat $6.99 shipping charge is too good to pass up. I one bought the second Bats vs Croc dio and a black and white Arkham Bats from them. They waited until both pieces were in (they were released at almost the same time) and charged only $6.99 for shipping on both statues. That was AWESOME. Very happy with them and their service.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #9
BrandonJF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I will never use DCBS again. They canceled an order of mine once and still charged me a restock fee for a statue that hadn't even come out yet. I know many collectors like them, but I will NEVER use them again.
They cancelled or you asked them to cancel? I can't imagine they would charge you a fee if they cancelled the order... at least, not on purpose.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:46 PM   #10
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
They cancelled or you asked them to cancel? I can't imagine they would charge you a fee if they cancelled the order... at least, not on purpose.
They canceled it, I wanted the order. Instead I paid a 20% restock fee. Complete joke. I am not the only one that has happened with either.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote