Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #21
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Very cool of Sideshow doing this for charity purposes. Going to a good cause is a win for me. I actually have some of these pieces so that’s pretty cool to see. With that said, it blows my mind how much that Hulk is going for. I have always hated how this Hulk looks as I’ve never liked Kirby’s version of the Hulk. I actually consider it one of the worst Hulks I’ve ever seen only beaten by the first XM Hulk as the ugliest Hulk ever.
I'm not a fan of these old hulks either. They are good for people who like the old art style. I much rather have newer modern updated statues of the characters. It's hard for me to find a hulk I really love. I do like the ss gladiator hulk a lot. The xm red hulk is looking better every time I see it. It's based on the art style of the comic. Almost exact to the art style.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #22
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Have you ever seen it in person ?

I disliked it from the pics as I also never cared for the Ape-like Kirby face but that all changed once I had it in hand, still to this day the Green version is the best comic based statue of any character I've ever seen in person. It's just a phenomenal sculpt and it has tons of presence.
Yep saw it at my LCB store many years ago when it was going for retail price at the time. Didn’t do anything for me then and still doesn’t to this day.

I compare it to older, classic cars. I can appreciate them for what they are but would never want one other than to sell and make money. Give me a modern day Ferrari, Lambo, or McLaren any day.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #23
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
Yep saw it at my LCB store many years ago when it was going for retail price at the time. Didn’t do anything for me then and still doesn’t to this day.

I compare it to older, classic cars. I can appreciate them for what they are but would never want one other than to sell and make money. Give me a modern day Ferrari, Lambo, or McLaren any day.
I like the way you think.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:29 PM   #24
Oak
Fantastic Four

I’m not a fan of the Kirby Hulk statue, either. I do admit it is beautifully sculpted and painted, but the art direction just doesn’t appeal to me (yes, I have seen it in person). Thumbs up and congrats to those who do love it and own it. Different strokes for different folks and all that.
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:45 PM   #25
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

The prices are great for the cause . That being said give me a break on grey hulk . I can’t stand that version it’s personal taste but for that money I could buy Bowen Bronze Spidey or maybe even a Hulk!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #26
Comicbookguy
Hercules

The old hulks are definitely grails for what they command. Props to all who has one or two. Same goes for xm magneto even with all the haters bashing it. That will always be a grail since it's the first from xm, and many other reasons making it so sought after. Is it perfect? No but many will love it, and it's commanding a grail price just like these hulks.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:02 PM   #27
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Why can't they put up that real prototype ivy for auction? Now that was a masterpiece! Kat killed it to perfection on those prototypes. These AP's are just like the originals but maybe a tiny bit better paint apps. We all owned them before. most of them goes for a bit more than retail only. However for a good cause, the tiger the better! Cant complain about that at all. Glad ss is doin g something to help with the mass success. Yes tax write off or not at least it will help research for better cures. Or at least we hope they do something good with the money ss donated.
Whole time i thought that was the proto.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #28
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Whole time i thought that was the proto.
I did at first, no way that's the proto. People buying are expecting the proto or is believing it is at the going prices. They're kind of confused and is fooled with the description saying painted by Kat. Yes she did paint them but not to the insane quality details as the proto. If you see the pics of the proto and compare them online it's nowhere near the proto paint job. That one is Kat's masterpiece which will command the insane prices. Look at the pics and you can see it's definitely not the proto. Yes its better than the production a bit. The eyes are not googley like all the productions. So the AP's are one small step up from production.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #29
BurningRage
Inhumans

I want the old cbg back.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:31 PM   #30
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I want the old cbg back.
He was banned.... I took over his account for now.