Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-03-2019, 06:16 PM   #181
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Congrats but you might want to get a shipping quote before committing. I’ve heard SS is really sticking it to collectors with shipping charges on P1 pieces. In some cases charging far more than what P1 does to ship overseas, which is ridiculous.
Thanks Hellboy. Shipping quote from Sideshow was $190 (From California to Arizona) and the Shipping from Prime 1 directly was $150 ..... UMMMMMMM DAFUG??!!!

Due to my other PO obligations that I got on while I was waiting for this to convert, I'm probably going to pass on this conversion and order it directly from Prime 1 because they still have the monthly payments available on their site, while Sideshow needs a 1 time payment of $1399 + $190 for shipping.

Kids gotta eat Brotha! Lol.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:51 PM   #182
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Good call. Not sure what the hell SS is doing here. You can get the box’s weight and dimensions and plug it in yourself to UPS or FedEx and see what the real shipping rate is.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:54 PM   #183
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Good call. Not sure what the hell SS is doing here. You can get the box’s weight and dimensions and plug it in yourself to UPS or FedEx and see what the real shipping rate is.
I was under the impression that no matter what Sideshow was charging for shipping, it was still cheaper than shipping the piece under an individual account?
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 03:07 AM   #184
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I was under the impression that no matter what Sideshow was charging for shipping, it was still cheaper than shipping the piece under an individual account?
Yeah, it definitely should be cheaper as Sideshow gets a discounted rate. The few instances I’ve heard of the shipping cost being through the roof were on large pieces that just happened to be P1. No idea if it’s related to that company specifically or coincidence given P1 pieces are generally huge. I don’t collect Sideshow product anymore myself and my only purchases though them over the past few years have been from Iron Studios and P1. All that being said there’s still no way what they’re charging to ship something a few hundred miles within the states should be anywhere near an overseas rate. Even at an economy price.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote