StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 12-08-2018, 08:51 AM   #4181
Tushar
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I don't like it for many reasons:

1. It's lazy on the part of the company. Like I've said multiple times, if you want to release a previously released character, design a new statue.

2. Reprints destroy the value of the original.

3. I find them to be a slap in the face for anyone who legit purchased the original whether they purchased it at retail or whether they paid after market prices for it.

4. It goes against the entire point of an item being considered a collectible. Why would an item be considered a collectible if said company just releases a new wave of them every few years?
Look, I understand your points, and they're fair. It is reflective of the way this hobby works today.

However, that doesn't mean it's perfect or can't be changed. Look at books (or comic-books, for that matter). They keep publishing new ones if there's still demand. There are still people who collect books, and many first-editions still go for high prices, even if a better, later edition is available. I realize it's an imperfect analogy and maybe the statue world would never work that way, I'm just saying it could.

At the end of the day, it's a product. And unless the company specifically marketed it as a limited edition, I don't see why it's wrong for them to re-release it. Even if I have the first edition, if the next one is superior, or if my first one has been rendered a little less pretty over time (sunlight/leaning/wear-and-tear/accidents), I'll be happy to have a chance to get that statue again, because my primary goal is to own and display the best-looking statues I can afford. If a statue has a great design, but poor execution, or if the technology becomes better over the years to give it a superior build/paint quality, doesn't that design deserve the best treatment possible? If reprints do that for it, I'm okay with it. And even reprints do none of that in some case, I won't consider them a personal affront, just like I don't mind them reprinting books I already have.

Anyway, these are my thoughts on the matter, and I repeat that I understand and respect your points as well. I don't wish to drag this discussion out any longer.

Peace.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:40 AM   #4182
maoa96
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post

I have a few question for you guys:

1. What products would you like to see come back revamped as a 2nd edition? (Thanks to those who have responded already!)

2. What is your favorite line of products from Kotobukiya? ARTFX+? Fine Arts? Bishoujo? Ikemen? Etc. Why is it your favorite? (price, quality, poses, etc)

To add to the list of questions I was curious about, I also received some questions from other people in our company! Feel free to leave more questions, and give us more feedback I can continue sharing with our team.

1. What country are you from? We want to know where our products are going to, so we know where else we should start expanding our market in the future!

2. [This question is directly from one of our product developers] What characters would you like to see in an IKEMEN line? What do you think would make this line better? (Variety in artist? Different types of character? Etc. )

1. Id like to see ARTFX+ Star Wars, especially Cloud City Darth Vader since I cant seem to find it where I live.

2. I like ARTFX, ARTFX+, ARTFXJ and Fine Art, although Im currently only collecting ARTFX+ because for theyre more affordable and I like the smaller scale.

3. Im from Peru, from what I know there isnt an official Kotobukiya store here, so we have to orede internationally or buy it from importers.

4. Not really interested on the IKEMEN line, but I think characters from Titans or Teen Titans could fit well.
maoa96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #4183
SDguy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Quote:

1. What products would you like to see come back revamped as a 2nd edition? (Thanks to those who have responded already!)

2. What is your favorite line of products from Kotobukiya? ARTFX+? Fine Arts? Bishoujo? Ikemen? Etc. Why is it your favorite? (price, quality, poses, etc)

To add to the list of questions I was curious about, I also received some questions from other people in our company! Feel free to leave more questions, and give us more feedback I can continue sharing with our team.

3. What country are you from? We want to know where our products are going to, so we know where else we should start expanding our market in the future!

4. [This question is directly from one of our product developers] What characters would you like to see in an IKEMEN line? What do you think would make this line better? (Variety in artist? Different types of character? Etc. )
1. If a character gets a revisit, it should at least have a partial new sculpt. I don't personally have an interest in any simple repaints as re-releases.

2. ArtFX+, Ikemen, Bishoujo.... in that order.

3. USA

4. Green lantern, Flash, Aquaman.... if you get into Marvel.... Black bolt, Cyclops, Colossus, Starlord.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:23 AM   #4184
Mur_f
Doh!

1. I’d like to see a second edition of the Fine Arts Archangel in his 90’s X-men colors.

2. Favorite line for me is Fine Arts/Danger Room Sessions. With a lot of companies focusing on 1/4 scale, it’s becoming more difficult to find 1/6 scale pieces with the quality the Fine Arts/Danger Room lines produce.

3. USA

4. Not really into Ikemen style so I can’t answer, but the quality looks great as always.
Mur_f is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM   #4185
Rasp Lame
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

1. Can't say I have any interest in revisits.

2. Love the artfx+ line because it allows me to collect a wider range of characters that don't take up the space of a 1/6 or 1/4 scale statue. I'll pretty much buy any Marvel comic accurate artfx+ figure that comes out. Would love to see more X-Men figures. Even more X-Men '92 characters would be welcome.

3. Australia.

4. Not a fan.
Rasp Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #4186
AC_808
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

I want to use the answers I get from the above questions to relay to our planning department in the future, so any insight is appreciated!

-Gyoza
1. I love the 1/6 scale statues from Kotobukiya ...so I love the ArtFX and Fine Arts line. I would love to see 2nd edition classic Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Ant-Man and Wasp. I would also love to see 2nd edition classic Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Ice-Man, Angel and Beast. Avengers and X-Men based on Byrnes art. Then I'd love 2nd edition classic Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat.

2. Again my favorite line from Kotobukiya is the ArtFX and Fine Arts line (1/6 scale). I also love the Bishoujo line.

Quote:

1. What country are you from? We want to know where our products are going to, so we know where else we should start expanding our market in the future!
2. [This question is directly from one of our product developers] What characters would you like to see in an IKEMEN line? What do you think would make this line better? (Variety in artist? Different types of character? Etc. )

Once again, thank you guys for all of the comments and support! Even if I don't respond outside of this thread, we are reading the other threads, so we appreciate all of the activity on these forums!

- Gyoza
1. USA
2. I'll let others do the speaking for me on this one.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM   #4187
AlexLothos

Quote:

Hey Gyoza, thanks for asking these questions, conversing with us, and considering our opinions/perspectives.

1. Bishoujo She-Hulk, Bishoujo Dark Phoenix, Bishoujo Storm, Bishoujo Poison, Fine Art Rogue, Fine Art Psylocke, ARTFX+ Justice League Wonder Woman, ARTFX movie Wonder Woman, ARTFX+ New 52 Nightwing (blue)

2. Bishoujo... because it has most of the characters I like with some of the best designs, sculpts, and paints for them across many companies' depictions. The sizes are usually great (around 9" tall) for smaller figures, but feel free to go an inch or two taller. For the most part they are decently affordable, but the rising costs are concerning. Also the Fine Art is very amazing.

Quote:

1. USA

2. I didn't think I'd like this line, but I like the Ikemen Red Hood better than the ARTFX+ one... they have similar poses, but the Ikemen one is bigger (1/7 vs 1/10) and has switch-out heads for variety.

2a. Other possible characters (focusing on the Batman side of things for now): Young Justice Robin, Deathstroke, Joker, Signal/Duke Thomas, Azrael, Batman Beyond/Terry McGinnis, Two-Face

2b. Suggestions to improve the Ikemen line would be to try and straddle the line better between the core concept, yet still appealing to a wider range of collectors. The Red Hood fits this concept the best so far IMHO. I like Nightwing (especially in the blue logo), but the pose is a little too far "Ikemen" for me. Tim Drake is my favorite Robin and although the Ikemen museum pose is fine (it could be considered "boring" by some), I'm not a fan of his Red Robin incarnation (please try the Young Justice version). I like Damian as a character, but the Ikemen's kneeling pose automatically takes it out of consideration for me (I passed on Bishoujo X23, ARTFX+ Ultimate Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, and Spider-Man 2099 for the same reason). Also, I'd prefer it if you could stay away from magnet feet/bases (for this line and Bishoujo).
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #4188
AlexLothos

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Jensen Ackles/Dean Winchester (from Supernatural) Ikemen. I'd be all over that one like you wouldn't believe. LOL.
I wondered why there wasn't any Sam and Dean Winchester statues... they could probably fit the Ikemen line pretty well.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:31 PM   #4189
Mepaphoros
Frackin!

Definitely more Danger Room/Fine Art X-Men statues, less hentai statues.
Mepaphoros is online now   Reply With Quote