Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-01-2019, 03:05 PM   #2641
Rogue_Psylocke
Frackin!

Arrived

So my kids just called me and said FedEX dropped off Psylocke. They said the shipping box has a massive tear in it exposing the art box.

I told them not to send me pictures and let me see it when I get home from work.

I am getting really tired of packages coming to me looking like they have been through a war zone.

Hope fully it is not as bad as it sounds.

I will not be able to open her up until tomorrow night but I will post pictures when I do.
Rogue_Psylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:09 PM   #2642
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Off-topic but one of my grails, the X-Plus Kali from the Sinbad film, that I've wanted for about a decade, finally arrived at my work, and receiving smashed it all up, so I'm gonna be on the rampage tomorrow if it's damaged tonight...
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:10 PM   #2643
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

If this is really selling out all 1,800 pieces then all the hate really went in the trash. Nobody cared. Thanks for sharing. All the new hate is really just making you look bad.

If the edition size was really reduced, thank you to the hate for reducing the edition size for the collectors and increasing its value. I prefer this piece be in the hands of those that can appreciate it and be a legend for its controversy. Low edition sizes are a good thing in this hobby so well done.

If Sideshow is pulling a fake and down the road opens up availability again, well then that's Sideshow and the company really can't be trusted.

Whatever the case, I am excited to get this piece in hand and judge for myself. Congrats to the new owners out there!

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #2644
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
If this is really selling out all 1,800 pieces then all the hate really went in the trash. Nobody cared. Thanks for sharing. All the new hate is really just making you look bad.

If the edition size was really reduced, thank you to the hate for reducing the edition size for the collectors and increasing its value. I prefer this piece be in the hands of those that can appreciate it and be a legend for its controversy. Low edition sizes are a good thing in this hobby so well done.

If Sideshow is pulling a fake and down the road opens up availability again, well then that's Sideshow and the company really can't be trusted.

Whatever the case, I am excited to get this piece in hand and judge for myself. Congrats to the new owners out there!

How many times has that Spiderman sold out? I figure they just didn't get enough orders to justify new production runs.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #2645
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Psylocke View Post
So my kids just called me and said FedEX dropped off Psylocke. They said the shipping box has a massive tear in it exposing the art box.

I told them not to send me pictures and let me see it when I get home from work.

I am getting really tired of packages coming to me looking like they have been through a war zone.

Hope fully it is not as bad as it sounds.

I will not be able to open her up until tomorrow night but I will post pictures when I do.
'exposing the art box'

That's no big deal. You should have seen my Lady Deadpool box. At a guess it appeared 3 large rods had broken through the brown shipper box, through the art box and into the polystyrene. Amazingly, the statue was fine. I didn't bother to request a new art box. Lady Deadpool is a keeper. Selling the piece given the state of the box, might prove difficult, should the day come.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:27 PM   #2646
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
You have perfectly summarized the Psylocke case.
And no aliens involved. Bravo.

Quote:

About that, I think following the after market will be VERY interesting.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #2647
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachi08 View Post
The EX is waitlisted.
Wow, people will buy anything from SSC. The obsession for 1/4 scale is real.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #2648
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:

Your defense of this piece is admirable. I really wanted to like it but the portrait started out pretty good and just kept getting worse imo. I just think of what could have been every time I see it now, and I wonder how many would have pulled the trigger had SS included both portraits which seemed like a no brainer.

You have to admit that pic crimsonwing posted is hilarious lol. She looks so much better in that art print unfortunately.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #2649
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

How in the world did this sell out so quickly? I love how I jumped on the Emma Frost statue back in October when it went low stock and now it'll probably never sell out haha.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #2650
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
How in the world did this sell out so quickly? I love how I jumped on the Emma Frost statue back in October when it went low stock and now it'll probably never sell out haha.
So quickly? It's been up since September 2018.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote