Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 11-29-2018, 10:58 AM   #71
Kevorkian
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Those 3 berserk movies ABSOLUTELY did not suck the animation was top quality, the music was great, the story was followed expertly and the characterization was on point. It was a movie trilogy you cannot compress every single little detail and nuance from a book/manga into a movie sacrifices have to be made. The creators of those 3 movies did an outstanding job.
movies are not bad, i mostly complain about the mediocre 3d animations used that downgraded everything
Kevorkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:06 AM   #72
StatueDiva

Eh, those films were mediocre at best. They weren't bad, but they did nothing we hadn't seen before. Berserk 2016/2017 is what I would consider bad.

The 90s Berserk anime is still the gold standard. The general art direction, cuts, and scenes were all done very well, especially for its' time. It felt very picturesque which is what I would expect of any Berserk animation.

The art direction of the Golden Age Arc movies was awful. I still hate that "Disney Berserk" style they came up with. The mix of 2D/3D CGI was also pretty jarring.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 02:49 AM   #73
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Not to mention Susumu Hirasawa who completely turned the series into a masterpiece in my book.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:25 AM   #74
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
Eh, those films were mediocre at best. They weren't bad, but they did nothing we hadn't seen before. Berserk 2016/2017 is what I would consider bad.

The 90s Berserk anime is still the gold standard. The general art direction, cuts, and scenes were all done very well, especially for its' time. It felt very picturesque which is what I would expect of any Berserk animation.

The art direction of the Golden Age Arc movies was awful. I still hate that "Disney Berserk" style they came up with. The mix of 2D/3D CGI was also pretty jarring.
I have no idea what you are talking about nothing was Disney in style about those movies. To each his own everyone is entitled to their perspective but I wholeheartedly disagree with yours. The 90s series set the standard but it feels very dated in animation and the music doesn't come close to being good compared to the new movies
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:56 AM   #75
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

agreed
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:43 AM   #76
StatueDiva

Quote:
I have no idea what you are talking about nothing was Disney in style about those movies. To each his own everyone is entitled to their perspective but I wholeheartedly disagree with yours. The 90s series set the standard but it feels very dated in animation and the music doesn't come close to being good compared to the new movies
Well of course it felt dated... because of the timeline it was made in. If it was produced by the same team with the newer technology and techniques, it would have been far better. For the time it had been created it was impressive for what it was.

The Golden Age Arc movies on the other hand are just not impressive whatsoever. There's nothing about those movies that scream top tier animation. There's only a few saving graces that prevent them from being a trainwreck.

And from an art style perspective, it felt like something Disney would make. The character appearances, colors, etc. in no way would I ever expect that in a Berserk film.

This does not look good.

StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:19 AM   #77
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Like I said to each his own but the truth is I watch a lot of anime and the animation in most does come close to being as good as it is in those movies. The character design was faithful to the manga and judging by the colored pages of the manga the colors in the movies were also just about right maybe they were a little brighter but that's it. Once again I don't see the Disney connection especially with all that death and blood.

If you are referring to the drawing style then these movies were made in more of a western leaning art style but that doesn't equal Disney style. Considering the setting that style really makes more sense anyway.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:29 AM   #78
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Berserk's tone is ruined by goofy anime tropes. I think I can enjoy these statues without consulting the source material. It's too bad, because I respect many of the technical advancements made by anime. It's just hard for me to stay into a story with these silly side characters.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #79
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

There's been no news since the reveal right?
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #80
BrandedSaiyan27
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
The music from the 1997 anime is far superior to the movie trilogy. I still think the movie trilogy has good music, but not AS good as the 97 anime. They are both done by Susumu Hirasawa who can do no wrong. Just listen to Forces, Behelit or the perfect theme for when the eclipse starts... Monster. There are many more gold tracks from that OST but those stick out to me. Also how could you not like put your grasses on
BrandedSaiyan27 is offline   Reply With Quote