Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-02-2018, 12:11 AM   #21
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm pretty sure Koto has an exclusive license on 1:6 marvel statues.
That's a shame. I didn't realize the companies had exclusivity. I thought Sideshow made some 1:6 Marvel statues. After all, Tweeterhead and XM are both producing 1:6 DC statues. And pretty much everyone else are making 1:4 Marvel and DC ones.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:42 AM   #22
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I know that Chad has said that he wants to be to DC what Bowen was to Marvel so other than stuff like the Munsters, Batman 66, Wonder Woman TV show, RuPaul and Elvira, I would think that we will mainly see DC characters coming out of Tweeterhead. And not that they would not be incredible statue if he did start producing Marvel characters but do we really need yet another Thor, Hulk, Spider-Man, Wolverine, etc?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:49 AM   #23
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I know that Chad has said that he wants to be to DC what Bowen was to Marvel so other than stuff like the Munsters, Batman 66, Wonder Woman TV show, RuPaul and Elvira, I would think that we will mainly see DC characters coming out of Tweeterhead. And not that they would not be incredible statue if he did start producing Marvel characters but do we really need yet another Thor, Hulk, Spider-Man, Wolverine, etc?
I myself completely missed out on the Bowen line. And personally am not hoping for a new Marvel line, just an extensive classic X-men line in all their yellow and blue spandex glory. LOL
Old 07-02-2018, 01:52 AM   #24
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I just saw on Ebay today where someone just put up the original X-Men in the original outfits for sale. They were a little pricey though and I do not think they had high production numbers.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:05 AM   #25
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
That's a shame. I didn't realize the companies had exclusivity. I thought Sideshow made some 1:6 Marvel statues. After all, Tweeterhead and XM are both producing 1:6 DC statues. And pretty much everyone else are making 1:4 Marvel and DC ones.
I could be wrong but I don't think SS has ever made 1:6 scale statues, they've made 1:5, 1:4 and 1:2.... They do sell 1:6 Hot Toys but those are figures not statues.

Koto has been making 1:6 Fine Art Marvel statues for awhile now.

As for Bowens were they true 1:6 or more like 1:7 scale?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:21 AM   #26
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I could be wrong but I don't think SS has ever made 1:6 scale statues, they've made 1:5, 1:4 and 1:2.... They do sell 1:6 Hot Toys but those are figures not statues.

Koto has been making 1:6 Fine Art Marvel statues for awhile now.

As for Bowens were they true 1:6 or more like 1:7 scale?
I know they made Punisher and Thor 1/6 scale statues. Some of the Bowen Marvel statues are not to my taste either, e.g. Rogue. Never owned a Bowen statue but online it says they’re true 1/6 scale. Maybe they just look smaller because they have simple non-elevated based.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:43 AM   #27
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Actually, Bowen said they're generally 1/7 for the FS and 1/8 for the busts. I don't think they were ever advertised by BD as 1/6.

I know the SS vs dios were 1/6...don't know of any single characters, but I could've missed some.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:49 AM   #28
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Since you've made Elvira, EC comics the Witch, and Kimba the Witch. Any chance of seeing some of the Horror comic hosts from DC Comics like Cain,Able, Destiny, etc?
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:37 AM   #29
Window Shopper
Frackin!

Is the Batman Classic line over at this point? Or will there be any further characters, e/g/ Original Clayface / Scarecow / Catwoman / Mr. Zero / Riddler etc.?
Window Shopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #30
broncofan66
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
If they were done in the same classic style as they are doing this DC line, I think TH could produce some incredible Marvel statues that would be unique and unlike anything we have seen before. That's what caught me with this line. I have seen many DC statues, but nothing that pops like these. Looks like they jumped right off the page of a comic. I think they could do the same with Marvel. Having said that, I am quite happy with this DC line...for now.
broncofan66 is offline   Reply With Quote