Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-17-2019, 11:00 PM   #11
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Can you imagine. I wanted the WoW props. Each are 7x3x3 +-. They easily fit in a small box but have to ship them individually. I find it hard to believe that each of those props are prepackaged individually. By default, they would more than double their warehouse space assuming everything went from case to single prepacked items.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:05 PM   #12
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Can you imagine. I wanted the WoW props. Each are 7x3x3 +-. They easily fit in a small box but have to ship them individually. I find it hard to believe that each of those props are prepackaged individually. By default, they would more than double their warehouse space assuming everything went from case to single prepacked items.
Yes, even most small items have their own brown shipper box so that's how they mail them. The prints aren't bad actually, it was under $7 each for the prints from NZ, which is not much more than they would cost to ship domestically.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:09 PM   #13
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yes, even most small items have their own brown shipper box so that's how they mail them. The prints aren't bad actually, it was under $7 each for the prints from NZ, which is not much more than they would cost to ship domestically.
During my checkout it quoted me $17 per print.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:15 PM   #14
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

A magnet tracked was $15.05 or $5 untracked / not guaranteed and takes a month.

Man, I think us alone would have given them a few hundred in sales. Wonder how many have passed due to this shipping policy?
Old 03-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #15
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
During my checkout it quoted me $17 per print.
You need to change it to non-tracked shipping, it does not take anywhere near a month like they say. I got 10 pins shipped for $7, didn't check the magnets this time, but they weren't bad last time when I got 8 or so
Old 03-18-2019, 12:01 AM   #16
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

I might still get the WoW statues. Don't mind paying $18 / statue. The small items for $18, that, I can't do.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:12 AM   #17
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
You need to change it to non-tracked shipping, it does not take anywhere near a month like they say. I got 10 pins shipped for $7, didn't check the magnets this time, but they weren't bad last time when I got 8 or so
I'll admit that I didn't even consider the untracked option at the time. Had never ordered directly from Weta at the time so I had no experience with their shipping times or assurances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
I might still get the WoW statues. Don't mind paying $18 / statue. The small items for $18, that, I can't do.
I feel the same way about paying so much for the smaller items. I did take advantage of their 2 for $600 sale this time around. Got the Dwarf Soldiers and Mirkwood Elf combo which are normally $450 a piece. Paid roughly $70 in shipping but still a good deal.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:24 AM   #18
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Quote:
I feel the same way about paying so much for the smaller items. I did take advantage of their 2 for $600 sale this time around. Got the Dwarf Soldiers and Mirkwood Elf combo which are normally $450 a piece. Paid roughly $70 in shipping but still a good deal.
Agree.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:27 AM   #19
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
I'll admit that I didn't even consider the untracked option at the time. Had never ordered directly from Weta at the time so I had no experience with their shipping times or assurances.
Yea, untracked is the way to go, haven't had an issue this far except when they overstuffed a bubble envelope with about 20 tshirts and it burst open and some got lost. The tiny stuff they do combine shipping on so that helps.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:35 PM   #20
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

ÉOMER ON FIREFOOT flash sale