Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-18-2019, 01:35 PM   #24861
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You know what shocks me about your review? That the score implies that Iron Man 3 is better than/or at least a 5.5. No way, Jose.
lol you're probably right haha

I dont really give movies 1's or 2's though, to me giving it a 5 is enough to imply its trash
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:38 PM   #24862
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
lol you're probably right haha

I dont really give movies 1's or 2's though, to me giving it a 5 is enough to imply its trash
Based on your comments you really should though. On a scale of 1-10 a 5 is average, or in the case of your Captain Marvel score of 5.5/10, slightly above average. Doesn’t sound like that actually falls in line with your thoughts. A 4 or 4.5/10 sounds a bit more appropriate. Just my 2 cents though.

I haven’t seen the film yet but it doesn’t look like anything special to me. Iron Man 3 is a complete dog though. Gonna be hard to sink that low.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:15 PM   #24863
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Based on your comments you really should though. On a scale of 1-10 a 5 is average, or in the case of your Captain Marvel score of 5.5/10, slightly above average. Doesn’t sound like that actually falls in line with your thoughts. A 4 or 4.5/10 sounds a bit more appropriate. Just my 2 cents though.

I haven’t seen the film yet but it doesn’t look like anything special to me. Iron Man 3 is a complete dog though. Gonna be hard to sink that low.

yeah I guess 5/10 would be accurate, the same rating i'd give IM3. I didnt all out hate it, but it just really wasnt working for me
Old 03-18-2019, 04:10 PM   #24864
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

Funny you guys are bringing up IM3. I had mentioned how badly I thought IM2 was with Rourke that I think IM3 was so bad that I got deleted from my mind. Weird how I feel like I enjoyed IM movies but don't really like 2 or 3. I'm guessing I like IM more in the Avengers than IM itself.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:13 PM   #24865
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Funny you guys are bringing up IM3. I had mentioned how badly I thought IM2 was with Rourke that I think IM3 was so bad that I got deleted from my mind. Weird how I feel like I enjoyed IM movies but don't really like 2 or 3. I'm guessing I like IM more in the Avengers than IM itself.
just like in the comics Iron Man was always funner in the team setting IMO between him thor and cap he had the worst villains and solo stories, I think the movies kind of reflect that as well
Old 03-18-2019, 05:04 PM   #24866
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d rod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
just like in the comics Iron Man was always funner in the team setting IMO between him thor and cap he had the worst villains and solo stories, I think the movies kind of reflect that as well
IM was, at best, B-list before the movies, and probably lower. I would bet that if IM wasn't the first of the Marvel movies and didn't have that "holy crap, I can't believe they actually pulled off a good comic book movie, effects and all..." factor, the movie wouldn't even rank as high as it does on many people's lists.

And I agree, IM 2 and 3 blew. They are the only MCU movies I absolutely refuse to buy on DVD or Blu-Ray AND won't watch on TV when they're on, LOL.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #24867
Demona
Martian Manhunter

To keep this derail going -

I believe there are only two, maybe three, mainstream comic characters that can carry solid solo movies due to their background AND rogues. The rogues are key. Those two are SpiderMan and Batman. Superman is the third. People will argue that Wolverine, Hulk, and Wonder Woman can/could hold their own. Sure, for maybe one film (Wolverine proved how long it took to get that right).

Every other character is OK alone, but really requires a team setting to make a good bunch of movies worth watching. JL could be great. GotG and Avengers are great. XMen could be great too.

So I think team movies will always be the way to go. I am very heststant to believe that the magic of the original Black Panther will be captured in the sequel, but we shall see.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:31 PM   #24868
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I want to watch this, but I think I might get too anxious to enjoy it
it's really good. The last 20 - 30 minutes are intense!

Taking Lives (2004) - 4/10
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 04:46 PM   #24869
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Kubo and the Two Strings 9/10 - I really enjoyed this one, I watched it in 3D as well

Poltergeist (Remake) 5/10 - Another remake that should not exist, I wonder if the people who made this actually believed it was better than the original
Old 03-20-2019, 12:24 AM   #24870
built2shred
Phoenix

Bumblebee - 7/10

They had a lot right with the story but they just couldn't keep it on the tracks without going off the rails and getting all cheesy with parts of it.... Seeing the retro Transformers at the beginning was pretty cool though....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote