Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-13-2018, 11:30 PM   #101
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Too much tip toeing to cater to companies here at the expense of customers.

Chronicle was fine to benefit from all the hype and attention when it was upcoming so now that there's a problem they'll have to suffer from that too.

This isn't a court of law and guilt by association is a real thing.

Everyone is going to come to one place to discuss this product and this is already established so no need to obfuscate the problem

Serves as a great warning for all members on the forum that collect from small companies as a reminder of the possibilities.
Customers are tired of being put at risk of losing money and there is not excuse for it.
If there is to be detriment it should be at the companies' expense not customers.
"guilt by association" is a real thing yes, it's called a logicial fallacy. You are making it sound like nobody has ever been screwed by a large company which is obviously false. I wouldn't blame Prime 1 if Sideshow screwed up something getting me their statue, it's on the distributor where you purchased it from to make it right.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:53 AM   #102
ianhiatt
Doh!

I've gotta admit that this experience hasn't soured me on Chronicle or even Paradise...This isn't even remotely the worst experience I've had buying a collectible. Not even in the top 5.

There were delays. It happens. My order went in less than a year ago, and I snuck it in while they were testing their website. Pretty sure that means I've been waiting the longest. For something like this, seems completely reasonable to take a year.

Even from a communication standpoint, Paradise was about as responsive as most companies I've bought from. A few outliers like Chronicle have set the bar high, sure, but I won't fault Paradise for that.

I think everyone just needs to have a little patience and calm down a bit...
ianhiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #103
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
"guilt by association" is a real thing yes, it's called a logicial fallacy. You are making it sound like nobody has ever been screwed by a large company which is obviously false. I wouldn't blame Prime 1 if Sideshow screwed up something getting me their statue, it's on the distributor where you purchased it from to make it right.
No I'm not and of course they have.

Everyone is looking for where to lay the blame and how it might "wrongfully" impact a company that as of yet has not been unethical.

This is a great example of a reason to not engage with a small company at this level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Derek is the real deal!
Chronicle decided to do business and throw their support behind a small untested company.
Chronicle's name and support likely influenced quite a few to trust the journey and product would be smooth and satisfactory. Again Chronicle was fine with this arrangement when things looked rosy and orders and beneficial publicity were to be gained.

This isn't about Chronicle's misstep but I sure may make future decisions as a result of it that Chronicle may not prefer.
In the future if Chronicle or ANYONE else has another product arrangement with a small company I would definitely avoid it or go in understanding the risk that I may lose whatever I spend. For others this may not better them at all and that is fine too.

What I am advocating is any forum reader being able to read the experiences of those involved so they can be informed make their own decisions.
This isn't about logic but how comfortable each person feels. Much of this hobby and well life's decisions are not logical and subject to proof. Trying to split off the association to another part of the forum where less people are likely to find it after things go sour is illogical as far as the benefit of potential customers.
It's a customer avoiding a bad situation regardless of the blame game.

If reading what has happened causes some not to place future orders due to fear of risk then too bad for Chronicle.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:33 PM   #104
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I don't feel there is a misstep to use your words. I can't control another company, all I can do is watch what they are doing and if they are going to deliver the product, that's all we wanted. Bad communication and excuses that had nothing to do with our timeline is not on us, but Paradise.

I know it's been anything but Paradise, but it's getting resolved.

We've been monitoring this and as I said before we need patience.

Now it looks like they are shipping and as long as they deliver the product we will not get to involved.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:43 PM   #105
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
I don't feel there is a misstep to use your words. I can't control another company, all I can do is watch what they are doing and if they are going to deliver the product, that's all we wanted. Bad communication and excuses that had nothing to do with our timeline is not on us, but Paradise.

I know it's been anything but Paradise, but it's getting resolved.

We've been monitoring this and as I said before we need patience.

Now it looks like they are shipping and as long as they deliver the product we will not get to involved.

Paul
Instead of
"This isn't about Chronicle's misstep "
I should have wrote
"This isn't about a misstep of Chronicle's"

Again it this isn't about so much putting any blame on Chronicle as it is about people being informed and avoiding situations like this all together.
Chronicle just has the misfortune of being part of the example. When things are going well Chronicle benefits from the association.

People may think if a company can get Chronicle then they are likely a solid company.
This situation shows otherwise and reminds for buyer to beware even if they have a contract with Chronicle.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #106
allosaur176
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

My cane arrived today!
allosaur176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:02 PM   #107
89Batman
Frackin!

Mine hasn't shipped!
89Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #108
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by allosaur176 View Post
My cane arrived today!
pics? is it any good? Mine also has not shipped I will be calling the local police!
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #109
Darkstar
Doh!

DerekZrncic/Paradise/SGZCollectibles

Get a load of what I just saw on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jurassic-Pa...wF25a-AOD#shId

With a shipping cost of almost $52 and supposedly an 'expedited shipping delivery date of 2-6 days.

I haven't even received my cane that I pre-ordered back in July 2017 and now Zrncic is hawking the same canes on eBay using his 'other' company SGZ Collectibles. SGZ are the initials of Stephanie G Zrncic, some relation to Derek.

Jeez Louise. Some nerve.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:45 PM   #110
89Batman
Frackin!

Why do I get the feeling he's purposefully delaying the shipment to those of us who complained?
89Batman is offline   Reply With Quote