Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-05-2018, 12:52 PM   #131
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Batman View Post
After having spent some time with it last night, I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in this one:

The cane it'self looks great, but feels like a toy from toysrus. It's plastic, flimsy, and the rubber foot looks like it came from the dollar store.

The amber topper is the best part of the cane. the mosquito looks incredible and the colour on the amber is spot on.

The mount/plaque is my biggest issue. The bracket to hold the cane is not removable - even though it appears to be as it has a screw in the back. It also holds the cane so tightly that it scratches the paint off the cane when you insert it/remove it. The black finish on the mount is also of terrible quality - IT RUBS OFF ON MY FINGERS. I now have a white spot on the plaque from handling it while hanging.

My wife is - to put it nicely - PISSED that I spent as much as I did on what seems to be an overpriced toy.
Well if it is that bad i guess return it? I wish you luck though with this garbage company (Paradise). Probably be waiting a year if you ever get your money back.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:27 PM   #132
Boogeyman13
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

As a display piece, I'm okay with it, but it is definitely flimsy. I laid it down flat in my display case, and the middle sagged because the ends stuck out more. Had to pick up a couple acrylic stands. There's no core in it to keep it stiff structurally. Also, it seems a little short. My wife is only 5' tall, and it was a bit low even for her. That being said, as a display item, it looks pretty nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33574393_10102554133079117_7409678811714813952_n.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	114281   Click image for larger version

Name:	33770617_10102554133014247_2216365650593447936_n.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	315.3 KB
ID:	114282  
Boogeyman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #133
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman13 View Post
As a display piece, I'm okay with it, but it is definitely flimsy. I laid it down flat in my display case, and the middle sagged because the ends stuck out more. Had to pick up a couple acrylic stands. There's no core in it to keep it safer structurally. Also, it seems a little short. My wife is only 5' tall, and it was a bit low even for her. That being said, as a display item, it looks pretty nice!
wow, so if you lay the cane down the middle will sag? that is pretty cheap for a "high end" collectible. Sometimes its better it wait for customers to get product in hand before placing an order, unless its Prime1 or cinemaquette, never understood the reason to pre order right when an item goes up
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:05 PM   #134
KCLasse
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

So the John Hammon cane arrived i Denmark today. I must say the finish and detail is superb 😃, however det wall hanger dosent fit as described in the small following instruction in the packet 🙁 I have to lift the cane up 3-4 steps before it fits.... any sugestions about what to do on this matter ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27F989BF-F54C-40DC-ACA1-639FB865882E.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	114285   Click image for larger version

Name:	0A435E9F-83C1-4E7A-A91B-130D934E08D7.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	114286   Click image for larger version

Name:	0AFD70CB-DDE3-4567-86E2-18DC2676EA37.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	114287  
KCLasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:32 PM   #135
Boogeyman13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
wow, so if you lay the cane down the middle will sag? that is pretty cheap for a "high end" collectible. Sometimes its better it wait for customers to get product in hand before placing an order, unless its Prime1 or cinemaquette, never understood the reason to pre order right when an item goes up
Yeah, I don't know the full construction, but it seems like there's no core to keep it rigid, so it'll bend under its own weight a bit. But that being said, putting it on a couple acrylic stands seems to have alleviated the problem.
Old 06-05-2018, 04:53 PM   #136
Darkstar
Doh!

Boogeyman13,
Your display looks great. Very museum like. I also like that you got the slouch hat orientation correct. Many don't. I'm still wondering why Spielberg had Bob Peck wear the hat backwards, but, oh well.

Where did you get the IR goggles? Are they a Rylo fabrication?
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:41 PM   #137
Boogeyman13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
Boogeyman13,
Your display looks great. Very museum like. I also like that you got the slouch hat orientation correct. Many don't. I'm still wondering why Spielberg had Bob Peck wear the hat backwards, but, oh well.

Where did you get the IR goggles? Are they a Rylo fabrication?
Thanks! Really tried to make it feel museum-esque with room for each piece to breathe and shine, so glad that it came across. And yep, it's one of Rylo's.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #138
Atheris
The Maxx

No disrespect to those that bought this, but looking at these pics, the finished product does look super cheap. The paint app literally makes the cane look like cheap plastic. The fact that it bends and sags under its own weight is ridiculous, what would it have cost to put a small metal rod in these? I mean com'on. I know its just a cane, but put a little effort into it.

Outside of the amber piece, the cane itself looks nothing like it did in the movie.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:19 PM   #139
qz33
Rescue

Too many people trying to get their hand in the statue industry pot and nearly all companies are way way to close to their customers.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:34 AM   #140
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I think I can chime in since we did mold the cane and topper from a production made piece.

The paint matches the one at the archives perfectly and the stopper on the bottom was sourced from the original company.

There is a rod cast into the cane, but it does have a bit of flex being urethane resin and not pollystone.

Of all the ones I've opened the wall mount works fine each time and as long as it's installed correctly there is no damage to the cane.

Each bug was printed for this run, they aren't cast that's why they look the same for each piece.

It was pretty tough to produce this piece and it's a fine line between collectible and an actual cane.

Overall the response has been very positive with the exception of how Paradise has handled the project.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote