Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2018, 05:00 PM   #1
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Ebay buyer just joined today and bought my statue...

Hey guys, have you ever had a purchase from some one who just joined ebay literally the same day?

I just sold my P1 lady Maria for the asking price, I wasn't sent an offer, even though it's an option but I do have 7 or so people watching it and it's the lowest priced on eBay, by a gentleman who just joined today 7/14.

Obviously there is no feedback cause of this. He did send the payment immediately though.

I know everyone has got to start somewhere.

Should I be concerned?

Anyone else sell to a new ebayer before?
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Hey guys, have you ever had a purchase from some one who just joined ebay literally the same day?

I just sold my P1 lady Maria for the asking price, I wasn't sent an offer, even though it's an option but I do have 7 or so people watching it and it's the lowest priced on eBay, by a gentleman who just joined today 7/14.

Obviously there is no feedback cause of this. He did send the payment immediately though.

I know everyone has got to start somewhere.

Should I be concerned?

Anyone else sell to a new ebayer before?
Yes. Just take pictures of how you package the statue and send them to the seller. That way, he/she can't BS you about damage during transit.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #3
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yes. Just take pictures of how you package the statue and send them to the seller. That way, he/she can't BS you about damage during transit.
Good point! He seems like a good dude. I messaged him and he messaged back talking about how excited he was to get it and he's back into collecting and has a space set up for her. Not too worried but I'll definitely take the precautions.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
mmk123

and if you think about it, we were all first time buyers at one time as well. It is good to take precautions but someone has got to start somewhere.

Also, since he was new maybe he was not sure how the "Make Offers" option works. Possibly once he realizes he will probably kick himself for not sending one
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #5
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Also, since he was new maybe he was not sure how the "Make Offers" option works. Possibly once he realizes he will probably kick himself for not sending one
Well, Chargersfan57's listing was already the lowest on eBay. Maybe the seller wanted to make sure he didn't miss out on the chance to buy it.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #6
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Well, Chargersfan57's listing was already the lowest on eBay. Maybe the seller wanted to make sure he didn't miss out on the chance to buy it.
That's what I thought as well. I'll let you guys now how it plays out. I'm sure things will be just peachy.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:02 PM   #7
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
That's what I thought as well. I'll let you guys now how it plays out. I'm sure things will be just peachy.
I've been there myself, making Best Offers on what were already the cheapest listings...and someone else bought it outright.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #8
Chargersfan57

Right. Something it's best to just secure the item. Especially when some people are asking SO much more!
Old 07-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #9
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Chargersfan57, you mean to tell me that you received this beautiful piece just not long ago and sold it,or did you purchase two of them and sold the extra one?
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:39 AM   #10
Chargersfan57

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Chargersfan57, you mean to tell me that you received this beautiful piece just not long ago and sold it,or did you purchase two of them and sold the extra one?
Had a bill come up but this will get me squared away. I'm also shifting my collecting focus so I made the hard decision. Worth it in the end though.