Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-20-2015, 07:52 PM   #61
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrari View Post
I'm sorry. It that is not what the painted prototype looks like. The actual one has. Pouty lips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
IMO I see the way Thor57 sees it more of pursed lips look. It does look slightly different than 3d render but overall its still one of XM best Portraits. But everyone is subjective. To me its fine. The bearded portrait is the best for me.
Oh, I can definitely see how some feel the printed head gives off a pouty look. I just cant decide if its the paint job that does it, or if its the fact that the single head we have without a beard, his hair is blowing back. Without his hair down by his shoulders, it really brings in to focus how thick his neck is. The 3d renderings with the hair down give no pouty look at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I like all of the XM Thor heads more than I like the SS Modern Age Thor PF head.

I'm getting the SS and not the XM though. The XM is awesome but 1. I wanted the Modern costume and 2. I like Thor but I'm not paying XM money for him at this point.

Like Hulk, I think there's still an opportunity to make "the best" Thor 1/4 statue but the SS and XM are still both great in different ways.
See, you and I feel the same way just about different characters. You've stated you pretty much get on board with most Spider-Men statues as long as they are somewhat great in their own way. I feel the same about Thor. I too wanted a Modern, so while I feel XM's is surely better, I ordered both. I'll get a few custom mods for the SS Modern Thor to bring it to life more.

And when XM inevitably does a Modern Thor, or a Marvel Now Thor, I'll jump on that too.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote