Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #11
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
I'm seriously considering this since COD IW was a complete waste (just a rebranding of Black Ops III) and I gave my brother the MWR key (since it's his favorite game).

How are the mechanics and overall gameplay compared to COD?
Call of Duty is just a dead franchise to me. Modern Warfare was the last time that franchise was great. Its been all downhill ever since. Why people continue to buy it is beyond me.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:47 PM   #12
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
How are the mechanics and overall gameplay compared to COD?

Better in almost every way. It's a shame this has sold relatively badly, it is a better cod than cod is...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #13
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Better in almost every way. It's a shame this has sold relatively badly, it is a better cod than cod is...
EA picked an absolutely TERRIBLE time to release it. Its basically going head to head against Battlefield 1. They should have delayed the release date. As great as Titanfall is, its an unknown property to PLaystation players and its still nowhere near as popular as the COD and Battlefield franchises. When you release a game is just as important as the quality of the game itself. It is a damn shame as its a great franchise and all of the reviews are saying this one is much better than the original, but they really have nobody to blame but themselves. Just a terrible call to release this when they did, a week after Battlefield 1.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:29 PM   #14
Python
Omega Red

Not only did they release it a week after BF1, but also about a week before COD! I know the new COD isn't very good, but it still has unbelievable selling power. EA should have released this later on for sure, no idea what they were thinking.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:00 PM   #15
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Not to mention Gears of War. No it's not direct FPS competition but still a choice that some, myself included, had to make. I bought Gears over Titanfall and will have to wait a couple months for Titanfall just for time to play it.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:15 PM   #16
Python
Omega Red

The cynic in me wonders if they did it just to justify their greedy micro-transaction and season pass culture. If this game sells poorly, they can turn around and say that they listened to gamers, gave us it all for free and didn't receive the sales in return. The cynic in me that is... Who knows why they made such a sill decision. I'd argue that the free future content is reason enough to buy this title over most other AAA titles currently.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:44 PM   #17
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Not to mention Gears of War. No it's not direct FPS competition but still a choice that some, myself included, had to make. I bought Gears over Titanfall and will have to wait a couple months for Titanfall just for time to play it.
Absolutely. Its not just in competition with other FPS's. All games are in competition with each other so any big games that come, regardless of the genre, can hurt the sales of other games. Most people don't have the money to be able to buy tons of games at $60 a pop.

Bottom line, EA picked the absolute worst time possible to release this game and that is why its having poor sales. Had they held Titanfall 2 back and released in the doldrums of February or March, I guarantee it would have sold FAR better than it is now. Again, EA has nobody to blame but themselves for this fiasco and thats a real shame as a publisher is supposed to do things that help a game sell well, not condemn a game to terrible sales by picking a terrible release date. I really feel sorry for Respawn Entertainment. They deserved better.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #18
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

This thing is INSANE!!!!

Don't think I've had this much fun in a while.

Very glad I picked this one up. Thanks guys.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:19 AM   #19
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

So instead of Titanfall 3 we get another Fortnite clone (because we really needed another one) called Apex Legends, which was released today.

Quote:
"The world thinks we're making Titanfall 3 and we're not - this is what we're making."
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-are-no-titans
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 04:39 AM   #20
Python
Omega Red

EA will EA.....

Although Titanfall 3 had criminally low sales so it isn't a huge surprise I guess. I did my part, here's to hoping we'll see TF3 once the Battle Royale faze has gone.