Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-17-2019, 04:30 PM   #11
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

All of my statues (pretty much 90% of them) have been bought through FB at prices lower than ebay or the forums.

There are some people on there who sell their stuff for more than they should (thinking they're doing others a favor) but for the most part you can get a good deal if you look around or wait. You can even try haggling with them.

Always make a public post in the group asking for references and always pay as goods. NEVER pay as friends and family.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #12
nearmint
Phoenix

Listed some statues last week on FB, mostly at my cost. Just tire-kickers, so far.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:11 PM   #13
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Sellers asking for too much. Buyers wanting everything for free.
That's why I just end up keeping my stuff. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground. It's honestly no different on the forums either.

I tried selling my XM Storm, HMO Megaman and was offered way less than eBay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Listed some statues last week on FB, mostly at my cost. Just tire-kickers, so far.
You need to throw in free shipping, insurance, gift wrapping, personal massage and maybe some free statues and then you'll get some solid offers.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:22 PM   #14
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

I’ve been thinking about selling my Thanos on Throne EX and Captain Marvel EX for a long time now, but feel it's just too risky using eBay or FB groups.

I’d just prefer to sell them to a legitimate forum member who is within driving distance of Jackson, Tennessee that could come pick them up.

Seems like the only safe way to do it nowadays.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:25 PM   #15
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
I’ve been thinking about selling my Thanos on Throne EX and Captain Marvel EX for a long time now, but feel it's just too risky using eBay or FB groups.

I’d just prefer to sell them to a legitimate forum member who is within driving distance of Jackson, Tennessee that could come pick them up.

I don't blame you for not wanting to ship TOT. If I sold mine, I'd do it the same way.

I had a collector drive up from Mexico to pick up the Jean Gray Phoenix. Paid in cash and left happy.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:31 PM   #16
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post

Yeah, I wouldn't use eBay to sell such high value items anymore. The buyer can whine about one little thing and get their money back instantly since eBay will always cater to them. It's way too risky.

I sold an older statue for $600 on eBay a few weeks ago out of desperation and I've been sweating bullets this whole time. The person could contact eBay out of the blue and say it's not to their liking and just screw me over at any time.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:40 PM   #17
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't use eBay to sell such high value items anymore. The buyer can whine about one little thing and get their money back instantly since eBay will always cater to them. It's way too risky.

I sold an older statue for $600 on eBay a few weeks ago out of desperation and I've been sweating bullets this whole time. The person could contact eBay out of the blue and say it's not to their liking and just screw me over at any time.
Ebay sucks now and it's full of dbags that know Ebay will side with them if the claim you didn't pack the statue well or it was damaged. The seller has zero power now. It's not fair. I don't even know what I would do if I had to sell my collection.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:48 PM   #18
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Sellers asking for too much. Buyers wanting everything for free.
Lol this nails it. The buyers wants things for FREE! They will low ball you like crazy. Or totally waste your time going back and forth checking shipping, ask for pics, ask for more dimensions. Once all done with time wasted. They will say how about 50% and free shipping or they don't want it. TIP: ELIMINATE ALL LOW BALLERS FAST! make a price and stick to it. Also make a note saying prices are firm. They will still all ask you to lower it but just tell them no.
As for scams your at the mercy of PayPal so you wont win no matter how many pics, or videos you take as proof. You will lose and the scammer will win. Been through it many times and called PayPal to speak with the top guy. Nothing will make you win if the scammer scams you. Well maybe 99.9%. be safe!
Insurance helps sometimes but about 50% they will turn you down if its the usps 90% of the times. They are losing money and won't pay out for high priced statues unless the box is totally destroyed really, really bad they won't cover you for drop mishandled boxes.
Don't ship out of the USA. Just don't. Most scams comes from those seller. Been scammed a few times and I stop doing it. No exceptions.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #19
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
They will bite once you take a 30-40% loss and ask for free shipping.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:14 PM   #20
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I don't blame you for not wanting to ship TOT. If I sold mine, I'd do it the same way.

I had a collector drive up from Mexico to pick up the Jean Gray Phoenix. Paid in cash and left happy.
That is the ideal situation. I’d be willing to cut people a deal if they’d pick it up in person and pay cash.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote