Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 05-14-2019, 06:26 PM   #221
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
The Bowen days were the OG days for sure.

Anyone remember when Rocky's vault auctions were the thing to see and how fast grails went ?

Then it was open for regular purchases. I dunno how much money I spent then.
I came in late, but was there for the fire sale. Crazy prices...especially on some of the busts. Hyrdo-Man for $50 shipped?
Good times.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #222
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
That’d be great. If Randy did it though I bet it would be with Rogers in The Captain uniform.
Maybe, but it was during Siege when he was Captain America and lifting Mjolnir over his head, yelling “Avengers Assemble!” I’d love to see that!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #223
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Someone asked on Randy's Instagram if Bowen Designs will be coming back.

Here is Randy's response - yes, my goal is to come back. I have some health issues I’m dealing with for the moment... but after that...
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:55 AM   #224
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Great to get the confirmation of what all signs we re pointing toward. Can't wait to hear more but more importantly, hope that Randy is doing well

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:00 AM   #225
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Maybe, but it was during Siege when he was Captain America and lifting Mjolnir over his head, yelling “Avengers Assemble!” I’d love to see that!
Hey, I would be down for both versions.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #226
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Someone asked on Randy's Instagram if Bowen Designs will be coming back.

Here is Randy's response - yes, my goal is to come back. I have some health issues I’m dealing with for the moment... but after that...
He is dealing with back issues.
Old 06-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #227
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Randy had spine surgery on Wednesday, seems the operation was a success.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:41 AM   #228
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Randy posted an image of the unmade GOTG mini-bust set on insta last week and someone in the comments asked why the set did not get produced, here is Randy's response -

Upon the divorce my ex and I had to liquidate all our assets (Realestate, cars, homes, investments) and divide 50/50. I had no problem with that concept. However, there was an element of the divorce decree that I had a big problem with:
My ex was claiming that she was just as responsible for the success of Bowen Designs, and argued that she’s entitled to 50% of profits going forward for a period of 5 years.50% of net profits IS ALL THE PROFIT. So I’d be working for zero money. I could have fought it, but the case was already costing me hundreds of thousands of dollars. I chose to take time off, and purchase Realestate properties to create income. The five year period is now almost up, and I can return to making sculpture. However , I began experiencing spinal problems, and my health was degrading. I chose to deal with my spinal problems before returning to selling statues under the previous business model.

So if Randy makes a full recovery and his back pain is fixed it does indeed sound like Bowen Designs will return.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:05 AM   #229
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #230
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Randy posted an image of the unmade GOTG mini-bust set on insta last week and someone in the comments asked why the set did not get produced, here is Randy's response -

Upon the divorce my ex and I had to liquidate all our assets (Realestate, cars, homes, investments) and divide 50/50. I had no problem with that concept. However, there was an element of the divorce decree that I had a big problem with:
My ex was claiming that she was just as responsible for the success of Bowen Designs, and argued that she’s entitled to 50% of profits going forward for a period of 5 years. 50% of net profits IS ALL THE PROFIT. So I’d be working for zero money. I could have fought it, but the case was already costing me hundreds of thousands of dollars. I chose to take time off, and purchase Realestate properties to create income. The five year period is now almost up, and I can return to making sculpture. However , I began experiencing spinal problems, and my health was degrading. I chose to deal with my spinal problems before returning to selling statues under the previous business model.

So if Randy makes a full recovery and his back pain is fixed it does indeed sound like Bowen Designs will return.

A resounding endorsement for marriage.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote