Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-20-2019, 12:23 PM   #51
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Koto cannot make anything without Marvel/Disney approval. If this was the only version of She-Hulk Marvel would approve, Koto should have passed. If Koto had the freedom to choose, Koto should have passed.

This design looks like a man with pointy pecs. Modern Marvel is so pathetically woke.
Exactly. There was no need for this. The number of people asking for this version of She Hulk wouldn't even cover the cost of a prototype.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 02:17 AM   #52
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Exactly. There was no need for this. The number of people asking for this version of She Hulk wouldn't even cover the cost of a prototype.
Hahaha. True.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #53
ftrez
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
She-Hulk used to be attractive, yes. But she wasn't exactly drawn as a swimsuit model. And you NEVER understood why Jen wasn't drawn with Hulk-sized muscles? Really? You NEVER understood why a female comic-book character was desired to have sex appeal? Well, rejoice then. You have nothing to complain now, looks like. But you claim you're not invested either way, so...
I don't think you get what I'm trying to say. And you seem unreasonably upset about a divergent perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Bruce was abused as a child and his mother was murdered by his dad, so his rage builds up and he becomes a super huge, strong, rage monster Hulk. All his different incarnations/transformations come from different aspects of his abuse as well, so not every hulk is the same. The primary version is very mentally child-like to reflect this too.

Jen was more meek and passive in her human form and "frumpy," so her inner desire to be outgoing and "pretty" comes out when she transforms, so she's not as beefy as Bruce's rage fueled transformation. That's also why she retains her intelligence in her She-hulk form too. Hence her more "swimsuit model" look.

This current version of Jen is fueled by rage though, post Civil War II, so that's why she's so much larger and muscular than before.
See, you on the other hand get it. I was talking about from a story perspective. If the nature of "hulking out" is to give a person huge muscles, why didn't that happen to Jen. Well, Marvel has apparently explained that away. Thanks for the info.
ftrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:15 AM   #54
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrez View Post
I don't think you get what I'm trying to say. And you seem unreasonably upset about a divergent perspective.
Reasons:

1. You saying she looked like a swimsuit model when she hulked out was an exaggeration at best.
2. The "I'm not invested either way" is a cop out. If that's the case, why bother posting at all?

PS - A "divergent" perspective doesn't bother me, which you can see if you read my other posts on the thread. My point has always been this: I prefer the older look. I know some prefer the modern look, which is okay. Koto should decide which one to make based on which one they think would sell more. IOW, they should make what fans want.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #55
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Some more pics. Hope to see some from NYCC:

ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:52 PM   #56
adee
Green Arrow

I’m sure Jen will defeat the inner conflict that makes her hulk out this way. Hope it happens sooner than later as I really dislike this version of the character.

All that said I actually kinda like the actual sculpting on this statue.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #57
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Not gonna lie, I think She Hulk looks great here:

From toyark nycc 2019 coverage
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #58
ftrez
Nightwing

Agreed. They did a nice job.
ftrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:36 PM   #59
ukshaun
Hercules

Now that's a She-HULK!

Maybe some day something similar will happen in 1/4 scale.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:45 PM   #60
adee
Green Arrow

I saw her at NYCC and she does look great. (I really liked Hulk a lot.)

Still not my preferred version. I don't find that sexy and without the sex appeal it's just not She Hulk to me.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote