Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-03-2017, 11:23 AM   #41
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I'm sad to hear that Nightcrawler is not an option. He's one of my favorite male X-Men characters.
Me too, but i don't think this is a final decision, this is temporary no ? They had the project, they had almost everything. Maybe it's the same situation like it was for Cable ?
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #42
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Not sure, I have absolutely no clue on details apart from what is stated in this thread.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:47 PM   #43
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
MY guess, and only MY guess, as to Rogue is that she originally debuted in an Avengers comic. She has also been on the Avengers roster througought the years.

Therefore, while a mutant and X-Man, because she debuted in Avengers Annual #10 Disney may own the rights to her and are locking her down. While FOX has her movie rights, we all know how Marvel likes to lock down their opponents however they can and this might be another way.

Gambit might be a creator (Claremont and Lee) licensing issue. No idea, just a guess. Or it could be that because Gambit is ALSO owned by FOX and wildly popular, with his own movie coming out, Disney wants to downplay the hype.

The only blocked character that has me scratching my head is Nightcrawler. WTH?
And don't forget Apocalypse....but.....I've been getting some positive vibes that this may be changing...if it hasn't already. Time will tell.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:49 PM   #44
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
MY guess, and only MY guess, as to Rogue is that she originally debuted in an Avengers comic. She has also been on the Avengers roster througought the years.

Therefore, while a mutant and X-Man, because she debuted in Avengers Annual #10 Disney may own the rights to her and are locking her down. While FOX has her movie rights, we all know how Marvel likes to lock down their opponents however they can and this might be another way.

Gambit might be a creator (Claremont and Lee) licensing issue. No idea, just a guess. Or it could be that because Gambit is ALSO owned by FOX and wildly popular, with his own movie coming out, Disney wants to downplay the hype.

The only blocked character that has me scratching my head is Nightcrawler. WTH?
For me, Nightcrawler is the biggest bummer. He would look fantastic in 1:4 action pose.

With the others, I don't get the avengers connection. Wolvie and Storm have both been part of that team over the years and they are getting made. It just doesn't seem consistent and thought through.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote